• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very confused over commercial usage

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read that beta versions cannot be used commercially, but it appears that released versions can be used commercially. If that is correct, can Firefly Image 2 be used commercially? I don't see anything saying that Firefly Image 3 is a beta version, but I am guessing that it is still in beta. If I can use Firefly Image 3 commercially, that would be fabulous. I just would like to find something in the documentation to confirm I can use the images commercially before I spend a lot of time creating images. Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Design , Desktop , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Firefly is no longer in beta as a full product. When it was in beta, it produced a label on the image saying it was a beta version. Any image with that label could not be used for commercial purposes. If you create an image now with Image 2 or Image 3, you won't get the beta label and thereby is commericially safe,

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/faq.html#using-firefly
"Can I use Firefly generated outputs commercially?
For features without the beta label, you can use Firefly-generated outputs in y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly is no longer in beta as a full product. When it was in beta, it produced a label on the image saying it was a beta version. Any image with that label could not be used for commercial purposes. If you create an image now with Image 2 or Image 3, you won't get the beta label and thereby is commericially safe,

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/faq.html#using-firefly
"Can I use Firefly generated outputs commercially?
For features without the beta label, you can use Firefly-generated outputs in your commercial projects. For features that are in beta, you can use the Firefly-generated outputs for your commercial projects unless explicitly stated otherwise in the product."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed explaination!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dean_Utian is correct. I try to track the versions here: Which Firefly Models are being used in which Adobe products , however, this is not an official Adobe statement and Adobe is not always completely clear about which versions in use across various general release, beta, and prerelease versions are ok for commercial use.

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines