Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Fonts from Typekit, without admin privileges

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're having problems with our users, when they're trying to download Fonts from the typekit page. When i use an admin account the software downloads it without problem. But they can't add them by themselves. We can't provide admin access to their windows accounts, so we experimented by giving them access to the "c:\windows\fonts" folder, but we found the program does not use that folder to save the fonts. So we need to know what to give them access to, so they can add fonts to the Adobe creative cloud, without letting them change any system (important) folders.

I'm awaiting your response.

Thanks and regards.

Laboratorios Casasco.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. The fonts from Adobe are added to a hidden folder on your computer within your user profile. It is a subfolder of C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\.  If your users are able to save files within their own user profiles, then they should be able to add the fonts as well.

I've replied to your support email and asked to see a few of the log files from one of the computers.  The information in the logs will help use check whether there is a permissions issue or if something else is preventing the fonts from activating.

Thank you,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines