• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Variable Fonts to Web Project

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues adding a variable font to a web project.

It doesn't matter which weight I select, the only one I'm able to add is "extralight" (see screenshot).

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug.

Can anyone help with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neelam

I'm facing the same issue with 'Jetlab Variable' font. I can only see one weight in Webflow and none of the variable options is open to me.

Thanks

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrem59093084 ,

We are sorry for your difficulties. Please let us know what exactly is happening when you try to add the "Jetlab Variable" to your web project. There is only one weight available for use now; are you looking for any specific one? Please also specify your mention that no variable options are open for you.

Thank you,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having this issue with the Coordinates Variable font. Only the Light weight will show up in Webflow. Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've added the variable fonts Bouba and Estratto to a webflow project, they are showing up in the webflow project but with only one weight option - normal. What's the fix for adobe variable fonts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Can't get Basenji Variable to work as a variable font inside of Webflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for ROC Grotesk Variable - May 26th 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone upvote this please so something happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ryanh29763649 ,

Could you please start a new conversation in the community forum as it is related to web flow? It seems to be a website service. I hope the Basenji Variable font is available to use n web projects on fonts.adobe.com.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Adobe issue which is a known issue. It's not helpful adding information that is misleading. 

Your Adobe Case ADB-29189577-D5D0

Dear Chris,

Hope you are doing well. . We would like to inform you that it is a known issue and our engineering team is working on this bug.

Bug reference id: FONTS-8343

Thank you for your time and patience. At this point, there is no available time line regarding when this issue would be resolved.  We are working on this and would share updates soon.

Should you have any questions feel free to contact us. You can call us at 18008336687 or initiate a chat with us.

The issue is that you are NOT updating us in any way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I didn't mention it in the original post (as I didn't think it's relevant at the time), this has ALWAYS been an issue with Adobe Fonts & Webflow. As it turns out for literally EVERYONE in this thread. I would have assumed this was clear by now. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm this has been fixed? I got this today from Mark at adobe - 

This issue mentioned in your previous case was fixed Replace "Full display name" with Tk font family [+ variation name] (FDP, web workflows).
For me, it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variable fonts can be added to a Webflow project, and you can animate them but not with the Webflow Designer. You still have to use custom code to accomplish that because Webflow doesn't display the control settings in the sidebar for Adobe Fonts. Probably time to start requesting Webflow solves it on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to be done with code as far as I know. I have had 2 tickets with Adobe.

This issue mentioned in your previous case was fixed Replace "Full display name" with Tk font family [+ variation name] (FDP, web workflows). - It was fixed but that is not why it's not working in Webflow as far as I know. I'm not sure if it's an Adobe thing or a Webflow thing....?

My solution given by Adobe was.... Give free money till it goes away. In other words, I have been pushing this for months. All I get is apologies and discounts on my Adobe subscription. Never and I mean NEVER do I get any details or time frames on when it will be fixed. I don't even get an answer on which company the problem lies with.

I get different information every time I have the energy to start up the process of finding out. 

One good thing though is if you want to have a subscription discount and have the time to keep pushing a ticket with this issue then Adobe will generally not be able to understand or answer the problem. In my case, keep sending me to other departments (8 times). This will, in the end, open the opportunity to confirm that they are incompetent, wasting time and in the end confirming bad customer service with the issue. Then (in my experience) offer you money till you smile and say thanks.

I wish I could get clear answers, I wish they would read this thread (I have given the URL many times) and reply and keep everyone updated. I wish we treated the plant with more respect. I wish, I wish......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe sorted variables fonts in webflow yet? I'd be great to move forward with choosing fonts for clients and will have to use google fonts otherwise 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when importing the 'Pauline Didone' Variable font into Webflow. I only get the base 'Normal' 400 weight despite it showing all the variations in the Web Project. This is very frustrating and needs to be resolved ASAP, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping on the bandwagon, I've been waiting on this working for ages and stalking this discussion every few months. Can we please have an update? This is fairly disruptive for myself and my clients who want to take full advantage of Adobe Fonts and ensure consistent branding. 

I love the idea of variable fonts, but I've had to start advising my clients to not use them or have a workaround in place if they want to use Webflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support this!
Same Problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Given how long ago this thread was started and the fact that the issue remains I take it there is no fix yet? Any update on when this could happen?

Cheers

/ Teo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with the font Cheee Variable.

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with 'Soprani Variable' 😕
Only the base style is shown, no variable font controls in Webflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue as others in Webflow, but with Objektiv Variable, only base font and no variable controls. Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe variable fonts are UNUSABLE in Webflow. Please fix this @Neelamk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Trying to add additional instances of Postea Variable and all I can get is Regular (or Italic, which I don't need for this project). I am trying to use for website built with Format.com. Very frustrating, and live tech support from Adobe just sends me to articles that don't solve the problem. Can Adobe suggest a workaround? Perhaps a way to save an instance as as separately named font? From what I can tell, all you get is the standard weight/style under the family name. Or maybe the foundries could issue versions of the font with each instance named separately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Avada theme for Wordpress and the Sole Sans family...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone looking to use a variable font with a tailwind project

I was able to get the variable fonts working using the fllowing syntax:

extend: {
    fontFamily: {
        'header': [
            '"magno-sans-variable", sans-serif',
            {
                fontVariationSettings: '"wght" 800'
            },
        ],
    },
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines