• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe automatically uninstalling fonts

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has decided that if I don't use a font within a given (arbitrary) time period, I must no longer need the font and have (without asking my permssion or even notifying me) uninstalled certain fonts. WTH?!

How can I turn off the "helpful" feature I neither asked for nor want?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Fonts that have not been used in over 150 days will be uninstalled from your system. However, the fonts will remain in your active fonts list unless you choose to deactivate them. More information here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/managing-fonts.html#reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you may have a problem with syncing Creative Cloud desktop app.

Have you updated the CC app lately?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. My fonts were disabled without asking, now I don't know which font is needed for a specific project. How do you disable this?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you using the fonts in updated Creative Cloud apps, or only in third party apps?

Fonts that have not been used in updated Creative Cloud apps in over 150 days will be uninstalled from your system. However, the fonts will remain in your active fonts list unless you choose to deactivate them. More information here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not true for me. it uninstalls fonts ive used in the past few days. please rid of this pointless feature of uninstalling fonts altogether!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably shouting into the void here, but I have the exact same experience... every single font gets uninstalled, regardless if I used it a long time ago, or just yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts that have not been used in over 150 days will be uninstalled from your system. However, the fonts will remain in your active fonts list unless you choose to deactivate them. More information here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this is from 2 years ago but i still have this problem for fonts that i used within a few days. this "feature" is completely pointless. just stop uninstalling fonts without permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I just wanted to tap into this and note that I am also having issues with this. A few days ago, almost all of my adobe fonts locally were removed at once without my permission. I've tried reinstalling them but they either won't install and stay in an 'installing' state, or they install and by the next morning they're gone again. I also found that when I checked adobe fonts online, all of my favourites and my web projects are gone... I've heard the same issue from fellow creatives and hope that Adobe can offer a resolution to this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got got by this today. Adobe junks up the activity monitor with thousands of processes and still can't keep fonts synced up, sad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines