• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anything I type In Photoshop 25 turns into glyphs

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running  Windows 10 Pro for Workstation 22H2 compilation 19045.3570 and Photoshop 25.

I'm facing issues with any font that has glyphs, specially with Samantha Upright. The first time I used a glyph it worked as expected, but next times when I try to switch between glyph and regular character, it always gives me a glyph. No regular character is accepted even if I click over the regular char in the glyph box. Even when I close Photoshop and restart the computer, the bug persists.

I've noticed that it is a recurrent issue from older versions.. I've unistalled Samantha, reinstalled, disabled checkboxes in preferences, clicked over the "opentype" trick....nothing works....

Please, don't come with the "disable graphics card" ...and "switch to older version" or even "click over Type..opentype" ......I'm paying for Adobe to give solutions and not to create problems in my work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Junior Gomes Retouch wrote:Anything I type In Photoshop 25 turns into glyphs...I'm facing issues with any font that has glyphs

All typefaces have glyphs. The letter "a" is a glyph; The letter "A" is another glyph. Before the days of OpenType, we were limited to 256 glyphs within any one typeface, so there was no room for ornaments, real fractions, Korean, et cetera. Back in the 1950s, no one could conceive of ever needing more glyphs. Now typefaces can have up to 65,000 glyphs so more glyphs can be included, such as these: ō œ õ.

I looked up Samantha and see that it was designed by Laura Worthington and is available from Adobe Fonts.

janee_0-1697640196439.png

I'll move your post to the Adobe Fonts forum for you.

You might also use the Contact page for the type designer, which I've also looked up for you. Here it is:

https://lauraworthingtondesign.com/contact/

Can you post a screenshot of the issue?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Junior Gomes Retouch 

One more thing: you might also try clearing the font cache:

Photoshop (read the entire Help page):

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html#photoshopfontcache

InDesign and Illustrator (only if needed)

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing cache does not work. The bug started with the new version. Previous one was working as expected. It is not related to the font itself, but with Photoshop version and recurrent bugs. This bad behavior will happen with any font, since I'm using 2024 version (25)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What was the response when you contacted Laura Worthington?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines