Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apertura Font - Not Able to Purchase License

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

The creator of the font Apertura on Typekit (Christian Robertson of Betatype) no longer has an active website and I really need to purchase a license and TTF and OTF files of his font. Can you please help me obtain this? Thank you,

Meg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved to Adobe Fonts.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you able to see the font here: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/apertura? If yes, will that work or you still need a license for it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

Yes, I can see that font and I have it installed. But I need a license so that I can download the OTF and TTF files. When I go to Betatype’s web page to purchase a license, that is a broken link. 

Thanks for your help,

Meg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not much Adobe can do to help here, I'm afraid. They are not a reseller for this font, and Betatype is not one of Adobe's websites.

I did a google of the designer, though, and he has a twitter account: https://twitter.com/cr64 

You could try contacting him through that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! We tried, but he's not posted to Twitter since 2015. So I guess we're just going to have to go with a different font. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked Linkedin to see if he has a more current contact method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And he does have a profile with a contact: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jchristianrobertson/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg, 

My name is Savannah and I was wondering if you were able to ever connect with the designer Christian Robertson or find the license for the Apertura font? Please let me know, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Creative5FB5,

This discussion is a year old.   Apertura is available from Adobe Fonts.  And the license is cleared for BOTH commercial and personal use.

https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/apertura

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines