• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use the fonts that come with Adobe's Creative Cloud for commercial purposes?

Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use the fonts that come with Adobe's Creative Cloud, and use the fonts that are still on my Mac that installed when I installed Adobe CS6 in 2014 for commercial purposes please?

By commercial I mean, for graphic design purposes, flyers, brochures etc. as long as I don't forward the fonts themselves on to anyone? 

Whilst I'm asking, 'Packaging' artwork from InDesign for a printer collects all fonts used in the document, am I allowed to send these fonts to a print house? And if not should I then Create Outlines on the InDesign body text, titles etc.?

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

This link should answer most or all of your questions: https://www.adobe.com/products/type/font-licensing/licensing-faq.html

I think this is the answer you're looking for:

Q. Can I use Adobe fonts for commercial projects and client work?
A: Yes, Adobe's standard font licensing agreement (EULA) allows for both personal and commercial use, sales, and distribution of designs and documents which are created using the font software. This may include printed materials, logos, and rendered content

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link should answer most or all of your questions: https://www.adobe.com/products/type/font-licensing/licensing-faq.html

I think this is the answer you're looking for:

Q. Can I use Adobe fonts for commercial projects and client work?
A: Yes, Adobe's standard font licensing agreement (EULA) allows for both personal and commercial use, sales, and distribution of designs and documents which are created using the font software. This may include printed materials, logos, and rendered content like photographs, film, video and bitmap graphics.
If distributed, the design should not contain the original font, but can be converted to vector outlines, rasterized, or subsetted and embedded in an electronic document like a PDF or eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm quite new to CC, is this Typekit (screen shot)?

I went to it from Creative Cloud and clicked on the italicised F (sorry there's no TypeKit logo or anything so I'm unsure if this is TypeKit). 

Also, the font licensing link says A: Some fonts available in current or past Adobe Type products, such Adobe Font Folio or the Adobe Type Library, are sub-licensed from third party foundries and not actually owned by Adobe. Adobe currently owns about 100 typeface families, comprising about 1000 individual fonts.

Does this mean, whether they are owned by Adobe or sub-licensed by Adobe they are all safe to use under the Adobe Terms? 

And lastly, would the Terms in the first link you've added apply to the fonts that came with AdobeCS6 please? I'm not sure if I am still free to use the fonts that came with CS6 now that I have subscribed to CC?

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 10.50.13.pngScreenshot 2020-09-02 at 11.01.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts which came with CS6 are installed on your computer. You continue to use them as long as you use that computer. Since it's likely to get harder and harder to reinstall CS6 in future, don't count on them being around forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. And is that TypeKit that I'm looking at (in the screenshot), or is TypeKit a program or app I install? There's no TypeKit logo anywhere so I'm not sure? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name "Typekit" is no longer used. It has been changed to be called "Adobe Fonts". These are fonts you can use with certain Creative Cloud subscriptions, but you cannot get font files, and they only work as long as you pay for the subscription. Fonts can be removed from the collection at any time and they are gone from your work.

Don't forget the third choice: you can carefully choose and buy the fonts you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, I see, thanks for clarifying, that was confusing me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines