Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloude desktop app won't show active adobe fonts

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow creatives,

after signing out of my account in the creative cloud desktop app and signing back in, no fonts are showing under active or inactive fonts. 

I get what I assume is the starting page for when you don't have any fonts yet. 

Wierd thing is, when I click on search for fonts and get to the browser overview of all the adobe fonts I can manage my fonts just fine. They are all there, I can activate and deactivate them but nothing shows up in the app. 

I searched for updates but all programms are up to date. 

I deinstalled creative cloud and installed it again, no luck. 

At this point I am out of ideas. 

I'm working on a HP Z8 G4 with Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. It is a known issue with sync services that impacted our fonts services, and the team is working on fixing it as soon as possible.

You may also track the status of the issue at: https://status.adobe.com/

We are sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

This issue blocked new font activations and has since been resolved. We are working with our partner teams to provide more detail on our status page.

Thank you for waiting while we worked to get things back up and running. If you’re still experiencing issues please contact Adobe Care or direct message AdobeCare on Twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Fonts have been retrieved from the cloud and all files appear to populate properly. Thanks, dev team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chega ser ridículo isso! Mais de 12 horas sem poder mexer nas fontes...

Nunca vi um problema tão merda quanto esse.

Como assim não é um problema grave? Isso deve ser resolvido já, Além de cobrar um valor absurdo mensalmente, tem quase o monopólio dos programas criativos e não conseguem resolver um problema que vocês dizem que não é ''grave''?  02:03 da manhã em Portugal, 3 clientes cancelados por conta disso.

Que descaço com a comunidade adobe, podia ao menos ter notificado...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm am having the same problen since this afternoon! It really pissed me off. I couldn't work anymore because I was trying to fix the problem thinking there was something wrong on my end. Such a waste of time. I really hope they can come up with a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable! My operator's cannot get out work!! This is not a minor issue. This is costing us money. Please give an update when this issue is going to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is very disappointed that they label the issue as "minor".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god I found this thread; I thought I was going insane! I'm glad I'm not alone in going mad over this. Hopefully Adobe fixes this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I spent so long trying to fix my syncing in every way possible before finding this and realising it wasn't just me! I'm the only one in my team with the issue so that made it so much more confusing! Thankfully I'm using a lot of open source fonts in my current projects so I could move to downloads from elsewhere instead once I worked out what was going on, but would be nice to have an official backup option of some kind the next time something like this happens :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts no longer activate. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond farce. Unacceptable. How many customers around the world are now currently unable to work because of this monumental failure. We have multiple magazine titles in production that are now on hold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will compensation be paid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they're back!  It is MADNESS that they're calling this a "minor issue".   

The lost revenue and expenses for us customers is probably in the MILLIONS of dollars.
Completely unacceptable that there is no offline desktop access to something as essential as FONTS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fuming! Def not a minor issue – so right – this needs to be addressed in case it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I cried the whole morning in desperation... 
F them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like mine started to work this morning. Hope everyone else's working as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, we had a user with same issue, while others could activate the same fonts, she could not. This was the fix. Hope it helps someone out there. 

If Adobe Fonts won't activate:

1. Open Creative Cloud App
  2. Select User Account (from top right corner) 
  3. Select Preferences
  4. Select Services (from sidebar)
  5. Turn off Adobe Fonts for 10 minutes, then turn on again.

Fonts will hopefully now activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the normal fix.  The problem yesterday was a massive Creative Cloud connectivity failure that separated many (most? all?) designers from their online fonts and some of their online files.  It was a MASSIVE failure on Adobe's part.  Something must change so this never happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's odd that only a few of our users had the issue yesterday. Could not figure out why it wasn't everyone in the same geographic area. Anywya, the above worked for our user, so it's possible she was not affected by the outage, but just needed this reset. 

We have come to rely on the Adobe Fonts platform quite heavily, so these issues are completely unacceptible. Every update and upgrade causes the activation to fail, then the users have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get them working again. I was a big fan initially, but I'm really starting to rethink that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we are all aware, Adobe had an issue yesterday related to their services not being able to sync fonts back to the end user. Adobe seems to think this was a "minor" issue as reported on their outage page, but how can something that impacted the production of so many users be deemed "minor"? 

Adobe has a virtual monopoly in the industry and due to the per-seat price of Creative Cloud, it only makes sense for most clients to use Adobe Fonts whenever possible to reduce the costs of font licensing. Because of an increased industry reliance on Adobe Fonts sourced from the Cloud, what is Adobe going to do in order to minimize downtime in the event of such future outages? Is there an alternate server that hosts these fonts that the app could failover to during outages?

Based on reading the forums, Adobe has no concept of real-world production as it relates to their Applications and services. Apparently it's OK for client production to halt until they get around to fixing something which in this case took over 12 hours. My clients don't accept that type of lackluster response time and I don't think Adobe end users should be OK with this type of service from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue reported in Feb 2022 in Oct 2022! And there is no notification of outage so what is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having this issue. Using Oswald. I  have Bold, Light, Medium and Regular all active within Creative Cloud. Oswald Medium shows as missing in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines