• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Font URL

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on the HTML for my email newsletter. I dont have my clients licensed font URL so I need to generate one but don't trust using dafonts or any other font tool. I've started by adding my client fonts to adobe fonts but I am lost from here on how to generate a URL for these.

Another problem is that I only can find my uploaded fonts in "Add fonts to creatiev cloud" in the creative cloud app. I cant find them anywhere else or in the list of activated fonts.

Any sugestions on 1. how to get the URL from a font and 2. how to find my font in CC after they are uploaded. Help much appreicated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ericas61977214,

Please check the steps.  To generate the Font URL:

• Once you have confirmed that the fonts are uploaded and available in the Creative Cloud app, you can generate the URL.
  • Open a web browser and go to the Adobe Fonts website (fonts.adobe.com).
  • Sign in using the same Adobe account.
  • In the top navigation bar, click on "Browse" and find the font you want to use.
  • Click on the font to open its details page.
  • On the right side of the page, you should see a section called "Embed" with different options for embedding the font.
  • Choose the option that suits your needs (e.g., "Web Project" or "Email Campaign").
  • Follow the instructions provided to copy the URL or code snippet for embedding the font in your HTML email newsletter.

You can check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/add-fonts-website.html

For your second issue, are you an enterprise user? If not then, If you can only find your uploaded fonts in the "Add fonts to Creative Cloud" section of the Creative Cloud app and not in other applications or the list of activated fonts, it could be due to the following reasons:

• Make sure you are using the updated version of the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.
  • After activating the fonts in the Creative Cloud app, make sure to restart the applications in which you want to use the fonts.

Please check this article and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/add-your-fonts-to-creative-cloud.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is extremely helpful information and will be once I am able to access them. I am still unable to view my fonts in my creative cloud after uploading them to "Add . They say they are "In Cloud" but I still dont see them under "Active fonts to Creative Cloud"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. After checking with the team, I would like to inform you that fonts added to Creative Cloud only appear in that window in Creative Cloud Desktop Application. Added fonts are for desktop use only. To use web fonts that aren't offered in our library, you will need to purchase a web font license from the foundry and self-host the font themselves. We do not provide hosting services for third-party fonts.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can't use your own CC font links for a client. That's a breach of the client. The client would need to use THEIR links. Better to buy and host fonts. Or use freely hosted Google fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on the HTML for my email newsletter. I dont have my clients licensed font URL so I need to generate one but don't trust using dafonts or any other font tool. I've started by adding my client fonts to adobe fonts but I am lost from here on how to generate a URL for these.

Another problem is that I only can find my uploaded fonts in "Add fonts to creatiev cloud" in the creative cloud app. I cant find them anywhere else or in the list of activated fonts.

Any sugestions on 1. how to get the URL from a font and 2. how to find my font in CC after they are uploaded. Help much appreicated!

By @ericas61977214

I've encountered a predicament while working on the HTML for my email newsletter and I could really use some assistance. My client has provided specific fonts for the newsletter, but I don't have the licensed font URL required for embedding them. To address this, I've taken the step of adding the client's fonts to Adobe Fonts. However, I'm now stuck on how to generate a URL for these fonts to use in my HTML code. I'm hesitant to rely on font tools like dafonts, as I want to ensure the process is secure and trustworthy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As was already mentioned in this discussion, Adobe Fonts is not a service you can use to host third party fonts. You have to host them yourself (but be sure to check the client purchased a web font license - font vendors check the web and send out lawyers letters if they find unlicensed fonts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines