• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts active but not appearing within apps

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite following all the "directions," not a single font I have activated in Creative Cloud will show up in my Adobe apps.  I have tried what feels like every set of troubleshooting guidance across the internet with zero luck. (Obviously this is not an uncommon issue.)

So far, I have:

• Made sure CC was running in the background of my desktop at all times. All program versions are up to date and file syncing is on and up to date. (Photoshop is version 23.4.2)
  • Ensured font syncing was enabled in my CC Preferences. Have also toggled that off, waited a few minutes, and turned it back on
  • Ensured my desired fonts were active
  • Signed out of everything, restarted my PC, and signed back in starting with CC
  • Checked to make sure my CoreSync folder on Windows 10 was there
  • Ensured my untrusted font blocker was disabled
  • Checked for firewalls
  • uninstalled and re-installed Creative Cloud and Photoshop
  • Cleared my font cache

When I download Adobe project templates or open a PS file shared with me that has "new" fonts, those load okay in that particular app, but manually activating within the font catalog on CC does absolutely nothing.  I am having this issue both on my PC (Windows 10) and iPad. Is there anything else I might be missing?  I keep seeing threads and threads of this same issue that lead to dead ends and point to the same old troubleshooting guide:Troubleshoot font activation problems in Creative Cloud (adobe.com).

Reposting my issue from this thread as I received no response there. Re: Adobe CC fonts are unavailable across other ap... - Adobe Support Community - 13093509

Any input, advice, or acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated!

{Mod Note: Merged your post with the existing thread}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having this issue since first trying to add specific fonts to my CC a few weeks ago, and have had no luck after trying what feels like every set of troubleshooting guidance across the internet.  (Obviously this is not an uncommon issue.)

So far, I have:

• Made sure CC was running in the background of my desktop at all times.  All program versions are up to date and file syncing is on and up to date.
  • Ensured font syncing was enabled in my CC Preferences.  Have also toggled that off, waited a few minutes, and turned it back on
  • Ensured my desired fonts were active
  • Signed out of everything, restarted my PC, and signed back in starting with CC
  • Checked to make sure my CoreSync folder on Windows 10 was there
  • Ensured my untrusted font blocker was disabled
  • Checked for firewalls

I am having this issue both on my PC (Windows 10) and iPad.  Is there anything else I might be missing? This is beyond frustrating and now directly impacting work.  I keep seeing threads and threads of this same issue that lead to dead ends and point to the same old troubleshooting guide: Troubleshoot font activation problems in Creative Cloud (adobe.com)... Send help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot I also uninstalled and re-installed Creative Cloud and Photoshop (although this is across all apps), and still no dice.  Photoshop is version 23.4.2.. Wondering if I should take a shot at an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for trying all the troubleshooting steps & I apologize as it doesn't resolve the issue.

Please collect the logs from your device through the Adobe log collector tool & share the file with us by uploading it to a cloud storage service & sharing a link with us to download via private message.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just as mentioned - I have the same issue. Via 'Browse more fonts'and then 'Manage fonts' I can verify that fonts are activated, however, when opening the layout file in InDesign file the fonts are missing. When using the CC desktop app I it tell me that the fonts are 'being loaded', however, I only get a spinning wheel. This affects my work (to a deadline) severly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cbc33043843 ,

Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties. Would you mind telling me if that's happening with only InDesign or with all Adobe apps? Please share the Adobe email ID which you're using via private message. Is it possible to share the screenshot of the issue to assist you better? Since when have you been seeing this issue?

If the issue happening with all Adobe apps then please use the Adobe log collector tool to gather the logs from your device, upload them to a cloud storage service and send us a link to the file so we may receive it.

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

The issue started last week though the auto activation seemed not to work smoothly for a while now. I mainly use InDesign 17.3, but the font issue also applies to Illustrator 2022. It seems that this issue started when I updated the CS apps.

Below a screengrab of my screen when I try to check the availability of the fonts. This does not change at all.

[Graphical user interface, application Description automatically generated]

Christel Chater | Graphic Designer | Green Ink
www.greenink.co.uk<> | c.chater@greenink.co.uk | Phone: +44 (0) 20 8798 0817 | Skype: cbchatuk
https://www.linkedin.com/company/green-ink/
------
Green Ink Publishing Services Ltd. trading as Green Ink | Company no: 3593589 | Registered in England and Wales
Registered office: Unit 14, Elgar Business Centre, Moseley Road, Hallow, Worcester, WR2 6NJ, UK

Green Ink privacy notice<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info but it seems like you haven't attached the screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cbc33043843,

I would like to make sure you're using your personal profile or your company profile when you sign in to the Creative Cloud Desktop app because I saw you have two Adobe IDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines