• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts disappear every time I open Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I close and reopen my InDesign file, all of the used fonts go missing and require being replaced. But all the fonts are shown as active in my Creative Cloud desktop app, so I don't know why they would go missing. Sometimes the fonts will automatically repopulate, but most times not. I have tried enabling and then disabling Typekit syncs, and it either doesn't work at all, or i see the fonts correct but then Indesign crashes and closes and then it's back to square one. I have no idea how to fix this issue, prevent it from happening EVERY TIME i reopen the document, or to even be able to find the fonts that are ​available on the computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi there!

I had the same problem and just found the solution.
I had activated the font roboto via creative cloud but apparently I already had it installed.
Because an installation is done via windows and by Adobe they try to overwrite each other.
If you deactivate the adobe font it will stop deactivating your font.

Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianas26788544,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. I would take a look at our font activation troubleshooting document: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

There are a few steps there that usually solve these issues. If those steps don't help, there are instructions at the end of that document for sending us some diagnostic information so we can dive in further. You can email these diagnostics to the email mentioned in that document.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nonsense answer and has nothing to do with the question. Why are you guys always turning the answer to make the user look unable to use your software?This is a serious glitch in your software and you should be at least reasonable enough to acknowledge itI am having the same problem, where font will simply disappear or keep saying FONTS UNAVAILABLE while they are right there in the FONTS folder attached to the project...If ever I find anything close enough that can handle my clients InDd files, I'm the first to leave... what a shame the Adobe bought out all the good companies and is providing us now with a bunch of bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marina.

It is frustrating. I have wasted hours trying to figure this out many times. One moment you have the fonts, the next you don't.  I just found and tried this... it worked for me this time. Not right away though. A few minutes after I did it suenly my fonts returned. I went from 26 erros to 0 instantly.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. There have always been glitches with Adobe software, and always on things that have been there the longest. Font usage, and the way Adobe works with them have been fairly annoying since the dawn of time, even after Macromedia.

I have always found the Creative Cloud App incredibly slow no matter the machine and tiresome to use.
Gripe over, all the best out there people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue. With the exact same message. Did the troubleshooting. All to no avail. Relevant font works fine in PS. Not happy. MAJOR time sink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems all I needed to do was to log back in to the Creative Cloud app when this happened to me because I had been logged out for some reason! Why the 'experts' can't just tell you this instead of going off on some complicated spiel about software I don't know...hope you sorted it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I had the same problem and just found the solution.
I had activated the font roboto via creative cloud but apparently I already had it installed.
Because an installation is done via windows and by Adobe they try to overwrite each other.
If you deactivate the adobe font it will stop deactivating your font.

Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're able to resolve the issue and thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, I think I just figured it out. In addition to Adobe fonts disappearing constantly, I was also having to manually install any fonts I downloaded from other sites. I followed the instructions on Apple's site for "Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder" here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201548. The names of my folders were the same, but my home directory was pointing to the folder that started with a lower case letter, when the folder starts with a capital letter. I changed everything to a different file name and changed it back. When I rebooted my computer, both issues seem to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have found the same problem recently. How can I use the available solutions?

https://shikmovie.co/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, you can click this link and follow the instructions.  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201548

It fixed everything for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @brianas26788544, have you tried opening Adobe Creative Cloud before you open InDesign? For me, ensuring the Adobe CC app was open first means that the activated fonts sync without problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines