• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts with different 'strokes'

Enthusiast ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across Handsome Pro this morning – https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/handsome-pro#fonts-section – and one of the features it lists is "Cursive handwriting fonts in a variety of pens". 

What's not clear to me is how to enable this feature? The activated font is simply a single stroke width throughout; how can I explore the other 'pens'?

Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for writing to us. Please refer to the below screenshot to enable the font you mentioned.

Neelamk_1-1653385350845.png

You can enable all the 6 fonts available by clicking on "activate 6 fonts" on the top right. If you want any specific font pen to be enabled you can just click on "activate font" beside that particular font pen. You can also use features like " Add to Favorite", and "Add to Web Project". If you encounter an issue, please refer to the below article link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

Please let us know if your query is answered. We are here to help you.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neelam, fortunately I've been using Adobe products and commercial fonts for long enough to understand the activation process. The sample image of the typeface page suggests a pencil-like 'stroke' is available, but this is not listed in the 6 different fonts listed (which reallt has one 'pen' with four weights, and another pen style with 2 weights rather than 6 distinct pen styles ... hence my question). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bernard,

I apologize for the confusion. I can see why the graphic would lead you to believe there would be font styles with the names shown in the image.

In fact, the regular pro styles are the "round-nib", the classic style is the "flexed-nib", and the pro nib style is the "broad-nib". We hope to add the fourth variation — ballpoint, in the near future. The foundry calls that the rough style.

I hope this clarifies. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines