• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I convert adobe fonts into uploadable files?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a graphic designer and I set up my clients with a canva account after their brand design is done. I like to do this so they have access to templates and can easily put something together on the spot if they need it. 

Unfortunatly I have NO idea how I can convert an adobe font into a file type that I can upload from my desktop onto Canva. Does anyone know how to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out. As of now, this is not possible with Adobe Fonts. We do not provide font files. You can purchase the fonts you want to upload directly from the foundry.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this possible? I just searched my harddrive for one of the Adobe fonts I have - Myriad Pro and was able to upload the file to a Wix website Im building. The other two, Poppins Med & Broadachre Hairline 0 I cant find anywhere. Seems strange that I can get one without the others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kelseyr62131790,

Thanks for reaching out. I assume that you already had this font installed in your machine. Please check if the 'Myriad Pro' is activated from Creative Cloud desktop app.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, while Adobe do provide web font use via particular HTML, it is only for YOUR use. You cannot use it to set up client sites, they would need their own subscription. In practice, no sensible business would want their brand design to stop working if a subscription failed in payment or the relevant subscriber left the company, so indeed buying fonts from the foundries is the way forward. I believe each client will need to do this, unless you find a license allowing you to buy (multiple) licenses and transfer them to clients; this is not necessarily allowed by the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines