Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I find the name of a font?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roof.png

I need help locating the name of this font.  Does anyone here know its name?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand from your post, you're trying to get the name of the font used in this image shown in your question. We have an option of doing Visual Search in Adobe fonts.

Please save the image of the text and then click on camera icon highlighted in the screenshot below: -

Once you click on the camera icon, you will be able to upload the image of the text. Then, the image will be scanned and you should be able to see this screen: -

Click on next step, and you should be able to check the text of the image if it's correct or not. Then click on next step. You should be able to see the fonts like this: -

Please let me know if that helps. I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not been able to get Visual Search to get beyond the "Select a single line of text" dialogue, using Chrome.

I can upload an image and it seems to scan but there's nothing to select on screen beyond that point.

borked.jpg

Works fine on mobile but that's a pain in the bum to use.  I've cleared my cache and it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for performing the initial procedures. I have tried doing a visual search on chrome itself and it's working fine for me. I would suggest trying on some different browser and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in Chrome (latest release) on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font like the BPlease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple font like the #1 B Thank you. Please install!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very complicated for an old lady!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a good basic block sports/athletic font in Typekit. Are there any?

Anything close to this:

College-Semi-condensedA.png

https://d144mzi0q5mijx.cloudfront.net/img/C/O/College-Semi-condensedA.png

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using our Visual Search tool to find fonts similar to your example. Just drag and drop your image to the Search bar on the Adobe Fonts browse page, and you'll be prompted through the process. I've included a screenshot of some of the results when I tried it with your image.

Best regards,

Molly

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 1.43.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find the name of the font in the letter "A" on the back of this jacket which was made in approximately 1982.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No picture here. But in 1982, a designer would have used artistic skills rather than a font, most likely. He or she may have modelled it on one or more real fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my very first post and I can't get the pictures to add to my post. Going to try here and hopefully it works. Thank you for your help.

73546192_717218752093574_7705832251476410368_n.jpgA font.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind checking this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Fonts/How-can-I-find-the-name-of-a-font/td-p/10488402 that will help you find the similar font by doing the visual search?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try hitting up https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ if you have an image you can submit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also http://www.identifont.com/ if you need to just search based on characteristics of the letterform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my very first post and I can't get the pictures to add to my post. Going to try here and hopefully it works. Thank you for your help.

It now won't let me attach the pictures to this reply although it allowed me to attach the person just prior to your response. I'll check out the link you sent me also. Thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's a mirrored character with a stylised scythe in it, made in the days before people had PCs or Mac to play with, I'd say it's certain that this was made as art, not using a font. You'll need to do the same if you want to reproduce it. It you are curious about the rest of the font, well, there never was one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a font in a small video I produced in Premiere Pro some years ago and have lost the orginal Project file. The video contains a text font that I can not identify or find. It looks a little like Tekton but the capital H is different.

Can anyone help identify this font. I also tried several "identify font" websites and still could not find it.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 12.03.26 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nermie,

Thank you for reaching out. In order to find the similar font, please see the visual search option on fonts website as explained in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/how-can-i-find-the-name-of-a-font/td-p/10488402?page=1

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that did not find the font. As I said previously, I have tried several "find font" websites already with no success, including Adobe (which i tried first). Maybe someone else has an idea.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nermie,

I have tried to do a visual search at my end. This is what I find please see the attached screenshot.

visual.png

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines