• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you download font files for Wordpress in all of these formats please?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

What do I need to do to get the Museo and Museo Slab fonts in the formats here which are needed for the Wordpress Theme Avada and need to be uploaded as custom fonts. 

Woff2, Woff, TFF, SVG, EOT 

How do I actually download them and will Adobe provide me with all of these versions of font file? 

Thank you kindly. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

You can't.  To use Adobe Fonts on WP, you need a proper WP plugin that supports Adobe Fonts' embed code.

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/optimization-and-configuration/wordpress2/wordpress-plugins/embed-adobe-fonts-in-wordpress-sites

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not provide font files at all for the fonts in the Adobe Fonts service, and in general a font license wouldn't allow you to upload it somewhere else. You'd need a license specifically allowing this particular usage. Probably from the makers of the Museo fonts. Also, almost no fonts would supply ALL those formats, it may be a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Custom Web Fonts on your personal website:

1. Select the desired fonts and variants from Adobe Fonts.

2. Go to My Fonts and create a project ID for your site.

3. Activate your Adobe Fonts.

4. Copy and paste provided code into the <head> of your WordPress Theme's index.php file.

5. Add CSS styles to your Theme's CSS file.

6. Upload both files to your server.

If editing code is outside your wheelhouse, contact your web developer for assistance. Or find a WordPress plugin like this one that works with your particular WP theme.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-typekit-fonts/

Hope this helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. A plugin that I'm working with in WordPress requires that I upload the specific font file in woff, woff2, ttf, eot etc. How can I download an Adobe Font file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was already said: you cannot get the font file for files in Adobe Fonts. You need to license it separately, and make sure you have a license for web or server use (often more expensive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't.  To use Adobe Fonts on WP, you need a proper WP plugin that supports Adobe Fonts' embed code.

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/optimization-and-configuration/wordpress2/word...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines