• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have installed Montserrat but it dont work??

Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what to do?

just now I need the regular. All is installed.

Montserrat.png

But when I look here. It seems very strange when I look at my Create Cloud. Why can't they be installed?? See here:

what is wrong here.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haneadino,

hm. I would try the following:

Log out from the CC Desktop App.

Restart your machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Laubender 

I have tried that, but it don't work?

But it is only for the "regular, kursive" which don't work to install. The others was OK .

But I now found the font as Google font. And installed it from Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the Adobe Version with Montserrat, but the Google version has many errors. The numbers are on the wrong slot and so OTF features with different number forms does not work, but they are inside the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haneadino,

glad you solved the problem.

At least you have a work around now.

Note: Never mix your font files from Google with activated fonts from Adobe.

Also do not try to substitute missing Montserrat styles with the ones from Adobe.

Always stay in one field with a font family, either use Google fonts or use activated Adobe fonts.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know @Laubender 

But it don't work for me with Adobe? I have shut my computer down several times, at start it again. But still the regular, at cursive don't work to install.

So I had no other choice, other than to install these from Google.

I don't know what is wrong with the Adobe font?? and how to solve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only tell that there is nothing wrong in your decision to use the Google fonts if Montserrat on Adobe Fonts is not working for you. I have no idea why Montserrat with Adobe Fonts will not work on your side.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, have no other choices than Google fonts, as I needed it as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem in that 3 of my Montserrat weights were showing, but none others would within Adobe programs. I finally was able to get them to work by downloading a set of .otf files from another source disabling the .ttf fonts I had installed from Adobe and Google (In my case, i had to do each weight one by one in my font manager, turning off the .ttf files and enabling the .otf versions - it seems to be working so far...! This doesn't seem like a great solution, but just passing that on in case it may help someone.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Montserrat is a used in many of my InDesign files and I always have problems getting it to load even though Adobe Fonts says its activated. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have to experiment with using the download-able versions of Montserrat available at Google Fonts versus the ones at Adobe Fonts. Google occasionally will update their font files. I've experienced odd issues with downloaded fonts from Google. More often than not the versions offered at Adobe Fonts would work better. But then I would go back and download the same font files from Google Fonts month later and they would work properly.

Additionally, what computer operating system are you using? In my own use case I suspect Microsoft Windows has had some issues with font handling. Certain conflicts involving fonts I had been seeing while Adobe Illustrator and certain other applications were running simultaneously have disappeared. I think that improvement was due to a Windows OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines