• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keynote and Pages not recognizing activated fonts

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scoured the internet and threads for a viable solution to this problem. I am working on a Mac with the most updated Monterey iOS. I work in the creative field and it is imperative that my fonts load properly. Sadly, many of the font families that are activated on Creative Cloud don't show up properly in the "regular" or "book" typeface. The font is extremely condensed and words are on top of each other. I read that other people have had this problem and nothing seems to fix it. I've gone into Terminal and typed recommended codes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled after attempting to "clean" the cache, to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eva21760879jdm8,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts-discussions/adobe-fonts-not-displaying-correctly-in-apple...

If so, then this is a known issue and the team is working with Apple to fix the issue.

Let me know if this is not a similar issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been two years... has this issue been fixed between Apple and Adobe? Because I have an Adobe font (Specter) that will not show up in Pages. I'm using Ventura 13.6. I've tried closing the program, rebooting, and reopening the program. It is still not working.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not solved, but with every font installed, not only Adobe. I've figured out that you have to press Command+T and then you can select the font that you want. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Sonoma 14.1.2. Fonts opened in Adobe CC are not showing up in Keynote. . I too have tried every workaround in the book. It's ridiculous that these complaints date back years and nothing is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

@tonym3545486

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please share the screen of what you're seeing instead of fonts? Are they appearing as an icons?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tonym3545486,

We're sorry to hear about this issue you're seeing. Can you please let us know which Adobe font you're using? Did you click on install from the Creative Cloud Desktop app or through the web? Also, is this font appearing in other apps but not in Keynote?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to log into your creative cloud, select "Added Fonts" and on the right side of each font, there is an "Install App" button, which allows you to install it to you local disc and use on other local apps, outside of the adobe suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem... any word on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had this issue for a while now. Once I updated everything and Adobe pushed out their updates, the problem resolved a few months ago. Sorry I can't help any more than this. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After running the Adobe CC Cleaner and uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe CC I still could not get CERTAIN fonts to show in Keynote, even though they would display in other native apps such as Sketch. 

However, I had a co-worker make a Keynote slide with the fonts that would not display on my machine. I opened the single slide and the fonts worked and displayed in the fonts dropdown menu. Strange workaround to get an Adobe CC font to display in Keynote but it worked. 

Running macOS Monterey 12.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding a note that I am also seeing this issue on macOS Ventura 13.1. Fonts are downloaded and activated in CC, and they show up just fine in Adobe apps, Microsoft apps, and other creative apps I use. However, they do not show up in the font list in any Apple software like Pages or Keynote—not even in TextEdit! I'm on the latest Adobe CC version, latest macOS version, and I don't know what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... won't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy... you just posted this 2 hours ago... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue but was running Monterey—Updating now hoping that Ventrua would include a fix 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new Mac studio with Ventura on it and getting it all setup. Running into this exact issue when trying to use Keynote and my installed fonts. Has anyone found a solve for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues on Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! The only workaround I've found is to start a PPT document, load up a few font samples, then open the file in Keynote. Then I pick up the style from the PPT sample and apply it to a text box in Keynote. At that point the font appears in the list and is fully available for use in Keynote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me. I'm on Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. WHen i open it in keynote it just shows up as a missing font. 

Ventura 13.4.1, Keynote version 13.1 (7037.0.101)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me... open the file, tells me I have a missing font.  Look at the available fonts, and Source Serif Pro shows on the list with a red circled exclamation mark.  I'm ok with Source Sans Pro.  Have quit and reopened Keynote and Pages.  Have quit and reopened Creative Cloud.  
This is a problem because I need to use this font for a specific template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines