• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts HiraKakuProN-W6, HiraKakuPro-W6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am missing the Japanese fonts HiraKakuProN-W6, HiraKakuPro-W6. I have used them extensively so it is really problematic to update every single artwork to a different (worse) font.

Searching the online Adobe font repository they are nowhere to be found.

Any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find no sign that these fonts were ever supplied by Adobe. [Note: many Japanese fonts may include Adobe-Japan6 in the font description, but confusingly that does not mean Adobe is connected to them]. What makes you feel they should be in the Adobe font repository?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I simply choose these fonts from within Illustrator. I guess they were system fonts. Adobe's font repository leaves much to ask for when it comes to Japanese fonts so I'll probably have to source them elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They could have been system fonts, Adobe fonts, fonts included with any other app, or fonts downloaded (free or purchased). Illustrator shows all of them without favour.

I observe on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210192 that Mac OS includes Hiragino Maru Gothic Pro W4, not not W6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines