• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Fonts Are Showing Up as Unavailable

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a student, and I've been using Adobe Illustrator through my school acount for the past several months, and over that time I've downloaded quite a few fonts through Adobe Fonts. Just today I was working on a project in which I used some newly downloaded/activated fonts and some old ones as well. I stepped away for a little while and when I came back, there was a pink highlight around all of my text (across several other documents as well - I opened past ones to see if this was a recurring problem, and it seemed like it was) and a message saying "The document uses fonts that are currently not available on your computer." There's a little box that was below the message that allowed me to reactivate the fonts that I was apparently missing, but the checkbox wouldn't work. I closed and reopened the documents and the same problem kept occuring. I finally decided to check the Adobe Fonts website to see if the fonts were straight up removed, but there they were. However, this time there was a prompt that said "this font isn't included with your plan," even though I've been using some of these fonts for the past few months... I have no clue what's going on (and I'm a little frustrated), and if someone could please help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks 🙂

CONNER5FCF_0-1616621738248.pngCONNER5FCF_1-1616621820001.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Adobe Fonts forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

I think I've seen this before, and I believe the suggestions were: 

• Log out and log back in to your Adobe account
  • Check to see that your Creative Clouds desktop app and your other Adobe apps are up to date. Sometimes out-of-date applications will trip this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. It sounds like there could be two issues going on here. First – is the Adobe Fonts website still saying the fonts are not included in your plan? If so, please post or direct message me your Adobe ID and I will be happy to check your account status.

Second – we'd like to investigate your computer's CoreSync logs that were recorded around the time you lost access to your fonts. Here are instructions for doing that:

On OS X:

1. Open the Finder

2. under the Go menu, select "Go To Folder"

3. in the window that opens, type: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CoreSync/

On Windows:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. The log folder is hidden by default, so make sure that hidden folders and files are visible. Under the Organize menu, select Preferences and then the View tab. Choose the "Show hidden files, folders, & drives." option, then click Apply to confirm the changes.
3. Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CoreSync\
where "(username)" is the name of your user folder on your computer.

Attach the 2 or 3 most recent CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gosh, what a lot of complicated answers!

I was having this problem, but simply opening Creative Cloud desktop app and letting it talk to the computer while using Illustrator was the answer. Here's how I'm reasoning it out.

First, since fonts are no longer "installed" but instead are "activated" it seems like the font information is stored in the cloud, not your computer.

Second, the individual CC program (for me, InDesign) is not communicating with the cloud in such a way as to access your fonts. It is not meant to. So, just because you have Illustrator open, are connected to the internet, have all your preferences set up properly, and are fully updated, does not meant you have access to your activated fonts!

Third, there is ONE APP that does give your other CC apps access to your activated fonts. And that is the Creative Cloud desktop app. So open it up, let it run, and **POOF** your other CC apps now have access to your activated fonts.

Don't want to deal with this? Purchase your important, favorite, or frequently used fonts separately and actually install them on your computer the old-fashioned way. Just know you can't do it through Adobe CC because that is not how the system is designed. It's meant to be an efficient cloud-based thingy.

What they should really change is the error message. It is SO unhelpful. It should say, "These fonts are not available because you need to access them through the cloud so OPEN YOUR CREATIVE CLOUD APP!" Certainly the instruction to "enable" the fonts meant nothing to me. And the buttons offered do not appear actually to have any effect when clicked, other than channeling all one's documents into an extremely small pool of boring fonts that always seem to be available (are installed on one's computer?)

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines