• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to set font-display swap?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to set the font-display property for adobe fonts to "swap"? If so, how do you do it? With Google fonts you can just add a query param to the url for the css. Is there anything like that for Adobe? Thank you

TOPICS
Font rendering , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The feature is available now. Please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-display-settings.html on font-display.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Thanks for offering a formal response here back in January - it's now April and Google is penalizing us for the performance degradation caused by typekit.  Any idea when this will get taken care of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I found some explanations in this page https://web.dev/font-display/?utm_source=lighthouse&utm_medium=unknown

With adobe fonts, you can set your font in your main css file like this : where local is local system fonts. I hope this will help you awaiting adobe fonts support for 'swap'

@font-face {
    font-family: 'tenso';
    src: local('Pacifico Regular'), local('Pacifico-Regular'), url(https://use.typekit.net/oko0wcp.css);
    font-display: swap;
}

html, body{
    font-family: tenso, sans-serif;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? is almost 1st of May

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. They don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing? Looking forward to your update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor effort Adobe.
--

*Andrew Strong, BVCDes*

Founder + Technical Director

[image: OX]

andrew@oxwebdevelopment.com.au

oxwebdevelopment.com.au

--

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Our sites are now being penalised by Google for using Adobe Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I got a rreply was by tweeting to @Adobe or @AdobeCare... I guess they don't really care 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have a way of pulling the remote CSS (https://use.typekit.net/XXXXXXX.css) and programmatically replacing font-display:auto with font-display:swap.  Does that alone solve the problem?  I think it will fix the issue in Google PageSpeed Insights.  Will it cause any ramifications for users?  Adobe must have set it to auto for a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE FOUND A FIX!

You just need to copy and paste the CSS file (https://use.typekit.net/XXXXXXX.css) into a local CSS file in your site, then change :

font-display:auto;

to:

font-display:swap;

I had kinda assumed the font files themselves would be whitelisted in some way, but they're not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Adobe have spent months saying: 'Our devs are working on it' - when it's literally a one word change in their stylesheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, we are violating the terms of service by doing this (and we know it) but we've been waiting for months for an official fix from adobe, and when they post one here, we'll adopt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Did you leave your use.typekit.net JS in your site?  When I add this CSS, I still get the warnings about our font loading.  If I omit this JS, the fonts fail to load and we have the fallback font instead.

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team,

Any timeline on this feature request ? This would be extremely useful for our app too.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

i am sorry to say, but this is becoming redicoulos... You guys are pushing your users to use Google fonts. This should be a very minor issue to fix. Would be great, to recieve an update about this. When is this feature due?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, it's time to take typekit out of the dark ages:

• ability to use font-display: swap
  • woff2 delivery
  • ability for local hosting

These are basic and common needs for modern web typography, it's inexcusable to have radio silence on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can set it to swap now in the configuration of your project
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 5.24.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is good news, just tested it and it works. Thanks for this valuable update. It looks like in the meanwhile, woff2 delivery is also there. Perhaps you announced this already and I missed it. Either way, both are excellent improvements.

Hopefully the ability to locally host fonts is next, it's an important performance improvement. The discussed regarding licensing terms in increasingly outdated, almost evert type foundry nowadays allow for it. Hope Adobe Fonts can follow this trend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines