• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Adobe Fonts (and Gadugi in particular)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have some questions about Adobe Fonts, and Gadugi in particular. My Adobe plans include FM2019 and the 20 GB Photography plan. My questions:

1. I believe the Photography plan means I have access to Adobe Fonts. Is this correct?

2. I have been using the Gadugi font in FM2019 for a book I plan to self-publish soon on KDP.

(a) Is Gadugi an Adobe Font? (I have a feeling it is not, but would like clarification.)

(b) If not, does this mean I don't have the required license to use it in a self-published book? 

Or another way of asking the last question (2 (b)): If I can use a font in FM2019, does this mean I have a license to use it in a self-published book (even if it is not part of Adobe Fonts)?

Thanks.

-DerekM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe (and other) apps can make use of the fonts already in your system, which may be there because

- they came with the system

- they came with an app

- you purchased or downloaded them

- you copied from another computer

You need to know how it got into your system before you can know what the license allows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that clarifies things for me quite a bit. So, with a bit of detective work, I can see that the font in question is installed with the OS (Windows 64), and the restrictions are based on the information on this page. From there, I believe that the following section applies to my legal use of this font:

font_usage1.png

And because FM (i.e. the application) is not used for home, student or non-commercial use, then I can use the font in my upcoming print book.

That's my interpretation; does this make sense to anyone else who has a better understanding of these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines