• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Chinese Font

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a book in Chinese and have been copying and pasting Chinese characters into InDesign. Some characters are recognized by the font "Source Han" and others are not. In those cases, unrecognized characters are replaced with an empty rectangle.

I am hoping to find a font that looks more "scripted" than Source Han without compromising character recognition. Suggestions/guidance is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this is about recognition but whether the font includes the characters ("glyphs") you need. Source Han states it includes "the GB 18030 standard, along with China’s list of 8,105 hanzi " but I don't know if there is a more complete standard. Can you give the Unicode value of just one of the characters you find that you cannot use? If you aren't able to get the Unicode value, try pasting the character into a reply, it MIGHT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines