• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search by keyword??

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One problem I keep having with finding Adobe Fonts to use is that it seems like I can only search by name of font, not by keyword. Like, say, if I want a 'multiline' or 'art deco' font, searching by these descriptive terms yeilds nothing but fonts that might happen to have those words in their name.

Am I missing something? I'm often searching the web for fonts via keyword and seeing lots of results, but naturally I want to be able to use an Adobe Font if I can, as I'm already paying for that service.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi supineNY,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like the fonts you're searching for is not available in Adobe Fonts gallery so that's why it's not showing any results.

Are you looking for the functionality to be like as soon as you type any keyword, you would get suggestions for the similar fonts?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

I'm not sure you understood my question. I would like to search by descriptive category, not just by name. on many font sites you can use the search function to search for desciptive words like "marquee lettering" or "art nouveau" or "ultra wide" and get suggestions. On the Adobe site, the search function only searches for font names. Adobe probably has fonts in all these categories, but if i do not know their names in advance, I can't find them.

thanks

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elaborating. Yes as of now the functionality isn't available on Adobe fonts site. I will make sure to pass on your feedback with the team for making improvements in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is long overdue, it shouldn't be that difficult!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could save us a lot of time. Please just add the keyword search function to adobe fonts site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching  fonts on Adobe fonts is most time consuming thing. There should be a keyword search. the filters provided are basically useless. Also they fail at precisely what they are meant to do. I also think that these fonts should be displayed based on popularity, they should show how many people are using the font. Now that we are living in 2023 by this time adobe font should at least suggest fonts and font pairs on it's own based on the usecase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Popularity is a great I idea I think, but shouldn't be the only order. Many designers will want to automatically reject popular fonts, so they can produce an individual/distinctive look. Perhaps "least popular" should also be an option, but popularity is a difficult measure - how popular should a font added 2 days ago expect to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding popularity criteria for filter solely will not work. I am saying adobe should reconsider their entire font classification system. I haven't seen any improvement in font search since last few years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name makes a great point. I would suggest a slight modification: that perhaps "rarest" might be a better wording than least popular. But, yes something that indicates these are not "overused" fonts (like Helvetica Nue and Comic Sans, e.g.) many creatives would find a beneficial taxonomy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100%! This is another basic usability fail by Adobe.

Every search engine, blog and webstore in the Internet for the past 150 years has had tags and keywords to help the user find useful information.

As of 2023...

- Search for "Grunge", what do you get? 4 fonts that are totally not grunge.

- Search for "Retro", get 4 results that are... wtf ARE those?

- Search for "Gothic"... there should be stacks of options, right? Oh... pity I don't speak Korean!

Workaround? Search font sites that actually help the user, then hopefully find a font name that Adobe Fonts has.

Or, use Adobe Express to choose your font - at least it offers suggestions - then find that font in Adobe Fonts.

Final Usability Score: Adobe Fonts 3/10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem many time, too. I also find it is so time consuming to check other sites and then see if Adobe has it, which usually it does not. I am totally shocked that this feature does not exist in Adobe Fonts. The second workaround using Adobe Express may help. Thank you. I hope Adobe sorts this situation out. It is a problem for designers, for sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Fonts needs more typeface classification categories. Currently the filters only cover basic classifications (sans serif, serif, slab serif, script, mono and hand). The sans category alone has many classifications such as grotesk, humanist, geometric, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines