• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

searching for similar fonts?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to search Adobe Fonts for fonts that are similar to other fonts? For example, a client wants to use Avenir, but doesn't have the budget to license it, and they asked me to suggest an alternate that's available in their subscription to Adobe. I've haven't been able to find any way to search for fonts on Adobe other than by name or designer. There used to be a function in Typekit to search for style, weight, etc.

This question is coming up for me more and more, of how to find Adobe Fonts included in the subscription that are similar to other fonts. Googling hasn't helped.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a screenshot of the font you like, you can use the search bar at the top of the fonts.adobe.com page to search for similar appearing fonts. There's a camera icon at the far right that lets you upload images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the idea! As it turned out, posting an image in the search bar was pretty useless. The fonts it suggested had nothing to do with the font in the image I uploaded. However, after trying various other resources, I found the font search at Whathefont.com really worked the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what LinSims has said, we also had a similar discussion regarding this topic in paste here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/how-can-i-find-the-name-of-a-font/m-p/10488402?page=1#M78...

Please check out the post.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines