• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Font - De-actived

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibri font was de-activated in InDesign. 

I tried to reactive it in Creative Cloud and recevied this error message: "A font with the same name is already installed". And then when I clicked for more info I recevied this message.

katen06002_1-1634587319070.png

I used this page to try and resolve my error: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/font-activation-errors.html

I could not delete the font in my computer's control panel. I was given an error message that it was a protected system font. 

katen06002_0-1634587198340.png

I need assistance in re-activing this font in InDesign.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Missing font , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are seeing a font conflict in the Creative Cloud desktop app because Calibri is already installed on your computer and you do not need to install it again.

Can you deactivate the Calibri from Adobe Fonts and then let me know what InDesign does when you try to use Calibri as installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem on my Mac. Apple has decprecated certain fonts, but they remain on the system as "document fonts". This means that they may be used to display documents created using one of these fonts, but you cannot create a new document using one. However, when I try to install one of the fonts using Adobe Fonts, I get a conflict error. The suggested troubleshooting does not work, as the font does not appear in Mac's Font Book, and so cannot be deleted. Any suggestions? I've asked Apple Support, and they say this is Adobe's problem! Or that of any third-party font seller. In other words, the emphasis is on others to work around Apple's mess.

Gareth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen any problems with installing fonts that are deprecated document fonts. Apple doesn't note anything special about them.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212587

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm just telling you the problem I'm having - which is using OS Ventura, by the way, and trying to install fonts using Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to test on my other system, I'm on Monterey at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THank you, that would help. Let me know how you do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines