Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit font mobile compatibility

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having issue with TypeKit font 'Neusa Next Std' on mobile devices. Unlike standard fonts or Google ones the font has much smaller spacing to its ceiling. This is only happening on mobile browser (tested on Samsung 8+ and latest version of mobile Chrome). I have tried everything with css and html (heights, line-heights, text-adjust-size, font-sizes, different units, antialiasing on/off, viewport configurations, positioning, different html structure and so on...).

Here is an example of the issue:

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 12.13.06.jpg

Quick note: works fine on Chrome, Safari and mobile Safari, issue was only found on mobile Chrome.

Did anyone experienced this issue?
Best,
Filip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Filip,

As mentioned in our email thread, I've heard back from the developers and unfortunately, there isn't a way for us to fix this immediately. It actually touches on a lot of other parts of our font serving and will require further discussion with the team before making any changes to our font processing for the web.

I'm very sorry I couldn't get this working for you.

If anyone else is running into similar issues on Android, please reply below with details of what you're seeing and we'll make sure the team is aware.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines