• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit Font Weights listing as Separate Fonts

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use typekit  for the main font I use in design at my job, and I use it in several different weights from light to extrabold. Recently, some of the different weights are being listed in the Illustrator font menu as totally separate fonts. Why are they being separated from the other weights in that font family, and is there a way to fix this? It's become very annoying when I need to switch between weights and cant use the weight dropdown.

This post moved from Illustrator to Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit) [Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jr,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. Could you tell me the font you're working with? This depends on a few things. The designer of the font could have split things up this way for certain reasons. This might be required to keep things somewhat consistent across platforms and apps, even non-Adobe apps.

Let me know what font you’re using and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font is Proxima Nova. When I first downloaded it all the font weights were together, over time they started to become separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jr,

Thanks for letting me know. Proxima Nova is a typeface with many, many weights and styles. For this reason, when the font is activated, Proxima Nova and Proxima Nova Condensed are listed as their own fonts in some font menus, as an example. This is fairly typical when it comes to fonts with plenty of styles to make things a little easier to find and for technical limitations of some apps when using larger font families.

Are you seeing every style of Proxima Nova listed separately in Illustrator's font menu or are they grouped as I've described above? Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I also experiment the same problem recently with Barlow, Barlow Condensed and Titillium that I have downloaded from Google Font.

When I open the .Zip everything is under one file, however when I install it it's separate all the font weights.
Very annoying to use. I'm trying to find a solution to that problem.

My co-workers downloaded the same fonts and they don't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines