Is anyone else having this issue? I was waiting nigh on 10 minutes for Typekit to activate one font. It was telling me it was activated in the browser, but no mention of it in the desktop menu app and eventually the small window popped up top right to say it was activated. Sorry Adobe, but that is a ridiculous length of time to activate one font. Have had this issue with various other fonts too. Puts me off using Typekit if this is how long it takes.
Is there any way of speeding it up?
SAME. Hate it with a BURNING PASSION.
Exactly. With the burnin passion of a thousand suns.
I've found a work around to force fonts to update; open Creative Cloud, click the gear icon, go to services, and disable and enable Adobe Fonts. I also disabled and endabled syncing, so i'm not sure which one triggered it for sure.
Hello, I've tried that and it still doesn't work... I remember it was never this bad. It really messes with my workflow when I'm trying to get Garamond and it takes forever! Also, the fact that Adobe can't keep me logged into their Creative Cloud or online website is really frustrating. Anyone else having logging in issues?
I definitely get kicked out every now and then. About once every couple months.
Just want to update this proceedure, I've had it work for me multiple times. Click on your profile icon (blue circle thing upper right. Click preferences. Click on Services tab. Toggle Adobe Fonts off and back on.
Yes. Same issue here. Rather than getting work done I'm in this Adboe chat. It's rediculous.
I’ve been waiting for fabulous FF Scala for half an hour to appear—this far.
THINK I FOUND A FIX!
Make sure your adobe cloud app is up to date.
have had this same issue for months as well....noticed a comment here stating to go into the cloud app, click the gear icon and disable/enable adobe fonts -- but before I could do that I noticed I had an update to install to the cloud app. Updated, boom, my pending fonts loaded.
EVEN if this does work - Adobe, your customer support and bloatware is driving is all f*****g nuts.
Hi, I'm with you on the bloatware issue. What am I paying $50 a month for...lots of headaches. I'm going to go see if I need to do yet another update.
Update. An up-to-date creative cloud app DOES NOT FIX IT.
Going on 30 minutes waiting for Montserrat Medium to activate via Typekit.
WTF ADOBE. WHAT ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR?
Experiencing Fits of Outrage because Typekit takes FOREVER to update the fonts to my photoshop...
WORKING LIKE THIS IS A J O K E
FAAR FROM PROFESSIONAL, Adobe.....
When can we expect this problem to be solved?
Just to echo everyone's comments here. Typekit is abysmal. Wasted 20 minutes of an already busy morning to activate one family of fonts (that still hasn't worked).
Plan B of downloading them and installing them locally will now become Plan A. Typekit simply does not function as intended.
And to actually make matters worse, despite deactivating the fonts in Typekit, InDesign is still trying to activate one in background tasks so I can't get on with Share for Review because Montserrat Medium is still merrily turning itself over for ever and ever in the background.
Oh dear, I found this thread after "updating" to CC from CS7 last week.
The whole way it handles fonts is so confusing, I have hundreds of fonts saved to my hard drive, but have been trying to active the official ones via CC job by job. I'm trying to a job which needs Montserrat, and I just can't start, as the fonts are still syncing 30 mins after I activated them. I try to upload my own version, but it won't let me as it's available with the the Adobe Fonts Library. I may have to go back to my ancient mac to get the job done.
I'm questioning my decision to use CC now.
It's awful and now they automatically deactivate fonts too. Totally distrupting my workflow.
Same issue. I now hit a wall every time I try to use this pretty basic feature of a service I pay a monthly fee for. Fonts I thought I had ready to go are randomly disabled. Anything new I want to experiment with ... yeah good luck with that. Half an hour later, I'm still waiting on two font families I need for a project.
Is anyone else using Extensis Suitcase Fusion? I've come to realize when I activate a typekit font, it doesn't show in any of my apps for like 30 minutes (give or take, 20 minutes) .... but I recently discovered if I go through the typekit interface, go to the adobe fonts section, I see the typekit fonts are all there right away, set to 'permanent' activation. If I select them and disable them, and then set them to permanent again (toggle them on / off) they are immediately available in all the adobe cc apps.
I've worked in different computers, different operational systems, different versions of the CC, different accounts and this is always a problem, no exception. No links you send us will help if the problem is within the code/design of the creative cloud. We could have a buttom inside the Creative Cloud to "check for new fonts added" and force it to install. Right now we just need to sit and wait for several minutes.
Are there any real fixes to this problem yet?
Nope. I'm currently waiting for fonts to install. Found this thread trying to figure out why.
Adobe, can we get an answer, please?
Good to see I'm not the only one one this happens with. It usually takes a few minutes to activate a font, but de-activating can take anywhere from 15-45 minutes! Sometimes turning off the Typekit service and restarting Creative Cloud helps, sometimes not. Also when I turn Typekit on often it will just randomly re-activate fonts I had disabled days or months ago.
Same here. This week my work was delayed every day because of this arrggg