• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welp, now that the Poynter font is gone, I must start from scratch my editorial work...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason why this font has disappeared? I have used this as well. Really unreliable!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Poynter family was offered from either the Font Bureau or the Carter & Cone font foundaries, it is no longer available through Adobe Fonts because those two foundaries decided to pull all of their fonts from Adobe Fonts. You will need to contact the owning font foundary to license them directly. Dov Isaacs posted an explanation here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/td-p/11090652?CId...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Have you found any font even close to it? I'm still searching.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found out that this font want missing from several docs. Switched to Acumin Pro Condensed and just had to slightly modify sizes to match the previous design. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ana! It's definitely close enough. The "TYPEGOESON" discount code still works if you want to spend money (in the thread linked above). I couldn't bring myself to do it. Going Acumin Pro Condensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but with 2 other fonts that are now NOT available. Airstream ITC and Amoebia. I think we should have been warned not to depend on this Adobe Library if, without notice, fonts that we've built whole Brands on disappear overnight. I am royally screwed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to license them directly from the owning foundry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here....What a drag.....adobe. I have a catalog 5o pages....scrambling to find font. 
Thank you for the community for letting me know and posting this information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, a notice would've been nice so I could have at least created outlines for the logo I created using that font beforehand. Now I have to completely rebuild a logo and try to match it closely ...anyone found a replacement for Poynter Old Style Display? Just the latest in a string of font disasters from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines