Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which font is this?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had this tag created for my photographic work and cannot contact the person who made it for me to find which font it t, does anyone have a clue which font it is please?Astro Nebulee.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

First of all allow me to share a recap of how you could try to identify fonts in the future:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqughxJstif/

There are multiple methods depending if you search within the Adobe ecosystem or not

Now... Your example will be difficult for any font identificator to recognise. Because of the shadow around the letters and the overall lack of contrast. After tweaking it a bit in photoshop, What-font-is suggested this one which seemed close enough.

https://www.whatfontis.com/CR_Perfectly-Script-otf-400.font?text=ArNe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all allow me to share a recap of how you could try to identify fonts in the future:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqughxJstif/

There are multiple methods depending if you search within the Adobe ecosystem or not

Now... Your example will be difficult for any font identificator to recognise. Because of the shadow around the letters and the overall lack of contrast. After tweaking it a bit in photoshop, What-font-is suggested this one which seemed close enough.

https://www.whatfontis.com/CR_Perfectly-Script-otf-400.font?text=ArNe

if it doesn't suit you then 3 options:

- Go to Adobe fonts and all other commercial and free font distribution websites and wade through the handwriting fonts and see what you can find. Most allow you to write a custom text, which makes things easier when you need to recognise particular letters

- Wait for someone who recognises that font visually (yes, sometimes Human trumps AI! 🙂 )

- Ask the original designer directly. But you already stated you can't, so that one is off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you ,that looks a brilliant match.  I dont use instagram so couldnt do it that way.  I should of realised that the shafowing would cause a bit of an issue with searching for a font online by typing it in.  I really appreciate what youve done for me.

kind regards

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's always worth remembering that for a one off line this, a designer could have just used their skills to create the letter shapes, then put this into your design. Studying the design will sometimes tell you if that's what they did. What do I look for? Repeated letters. If the repeated letters are EXACTLY the same, it was probably a font (but not necessarily one you can buy). I look at the lower case e. They are very similar, though the last two raise a little doubt. But overall I feel it's a font. It has had some extra design work, such as the drop out where e and b overlap.

If using a font ID, with white text and a shadow. here's a trick to consider. In Photoshop, place it on a black background. Then use adjustments to force all greys to black. Now invert black and white. Voila! You have black text that you can feed to a font ID app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines