• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder 2020 is not working (This project could not be opened)

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe so I don't understand the big words, so please try to keep it simple. My computer is Windows. I have After Effects 2020 and whenever I try to upload a project to AME it says "This project could not be opened." (There's a picture attatched) I have an old project from a while ago that doesn't have this problem, though. It only started when I updated both AME and AE. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AME. I have also tried to export the project through AE. I have After Effects 17.0.6 and Media Encoder 14.1. Please help me! I also have a picture attatched of the error logs.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

I have resolved my issue by downgrading to AE 17.0.4 and AME 14.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I don't think we are the only ones having this issue. I would guess it was a recent update because I don't ever remember getting the "The project could not be opened" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running into this issue. Newest updates of AE and AME. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved my issue by downgrading to AE 17.0.4 and AME 14.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Creative Cloud, click the 3 dots next to AE and AME and click 'Other Verions'.

Personally I went down 2 versions and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar situation but when clicking the 3 dots, there's no option to downgrade to older versions. Just learn more or uninstall.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me. still the same even after downgrading

i've already tried everything, nothing helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will i still keep all my plugins when i downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thank you sm you saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate, you are a life saver! Downloading the 14.0.3 version and I can finally render things now! Back in business! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH! Why Adobe launch updates like this if breaks our good workflows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that I was the only one experiencing this problem. AME keeps saying "the project could not be opened" or "source not found". And this is the first time I have this problem since I started this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem as well. I'll downgrade but seriously, how is it that Adobe isn't fixing this asap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ridiculous, I updated over the weekend after having not done so for a while and it's completely thrown my job out of sync and messed me around trying to find a fix! Luckily other people have had the same issue and I managed to find this plage, but seriously, why roll out an update if it causes problems and then not fix it straight away 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, that worked.

I'm very pissed at adobe's poor update management ... this is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Tried every manner of congfiguration, cache clearing, downgrading AME, etc. The only thing that worked was downgrading both AE and AME to the versions recommended by systemsvh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade ... is it serious?
My projects are now with the new version.

Well .. I guess I will have to look in the backups for the most recent project and make changes again ..

Very poor solution by the developers of ADOBE ..
I don't understand what updates are not supposed to test before launching? anyway..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe add rendering to the list of tests you run before releasing... thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! I thought maybe it was a Catalina issue, as I've very recently upgraded to Catalani and updated to 14.1 at the same time.

I used to be able to update in AME 2020, but now I can ONLY connect to project in 2019 AME which is 13.1.5. None of the 14.x.x versions work.

I have tried following many other answers but downgrading was the only thing that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the problem be that dynamic link is a 32-bit program? I dont know a lot about software, but I've updated to MacOS Catalina, and I think it doesnt support 32-bit software anymore. Here is an image from my system report Screenshot 2020-04-29 07.20.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acutally i don't know what happend.
but i contacted the adobe support - and told them what my issue is. while i was communicating with them i tried again - went to AE ---> send compostions to AME - and it worked. suddenly.
but i tried to import the .aep File into premiere (opened premiere --> import --> import .aep file - ---> connection to dynamic server failed. so i told them that this doesn't work.

the support told me something i should rename my - Premiere Pro folder at  Documents --> Adobe to Premiere Pro_old and the dynamic server folder as well into dynamic server folder_old, but there was no dynamic server folder there so i just renamed the premiere pro folder.

and the folders at creative cloud files - there was the dynamic folder in so i went there and renamed both folder - dynamic link server folder and the premiere pro folder.

then i opened premiere pro and tried to import the .aep file - didn't work. 
so adobe support told me to do so:

open AE - create new composition - save it --> open premiere pro try to import it - WORKED but to import my  old aep.file  into premiere pro didn't work. --> go to AE - import the old composition (from my old .aep file) into AEs new created project and new comp.. --> go back to premiere Pro - import composition and it WORKED trough the new .aep. file.

i hope you did understand a little bit of this what i just wrote and i hope it will help you.

Br Stipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines