• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 Crashing While Trying To Render

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title pretty much says it all. I've finished a comp from After Effects that's ready to be rendered and I add it to the Media Encoder queue. It's a short comp that's going to be uploaded to twitter, so the preset that I use is Twitter 720p. But every time I start rendering, 10 seconds later, a crash report shows up and closes the program. I don't know what's going on. Is it a bug?

Hardware:

• Windows 10
  • 16 GB of RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 3.40 GHz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send us that crash report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been sending crash reports, they should have it now, unless there's a folder that has crash reports in them. If so, where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok maby you were sending a crash report to Adobe or Windows people but here we are a community and not Adobe guys. I mean Adobe peeps come here but most of people here are just peope like you and me that try to help each other.

As for a crash report and/or log you can find it by going to File>Show Log and/or Show Errors

Last tasks are always on the bottom of a log/error text file.

log.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the Logs and the Errors. The only thing the log says is the date I started rendering and "Queue Started." [02/23/2019 09:21:24 AM : Queue Started] Nothing else was written. The Error Log was blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird. But if that is the case - just try to render one more time and let me know if it recorded any errors. If not - we will try to figure it out by elminating one by one what could be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find this - Adobe Media Encoder Log:

Log file created: 2/23/2019 12:27:51 PM

-----------------------------------------

Ticks = 609      <14828> <Wasapi initialization> <5> Time =  0.0765948second

Ticks = 1641      <14828> <EncoderNVH264> <5>    New instance.

Ticks = 1656      <14828> <EncoderNVH264> <5>    Constructor.

Ticks = 1656      <14828> <EncoderNVH264> <5>    Start service.

Ticks = 1656      <14828> <EncoderNVH264> <5>    Load NVENC API.

Ticks = 1656      <14828> <EncoderNVH264> <5>    Load CUDA.

Ticks = 1766      <14828> <NVH264::LoadCuda> <1>     CUDA: Num Devices = 1

Ticks = 1813      <14828> <EncoderNVH264> <5>      FAILED to load CUDA.

Ticks = 1891      <3036> <AnywhereLocalClient> <5> Local Hub HTTP port retrieved, port: 50010

Ticks = 1906      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 254

Ticks = 12922      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer wait timed out

Ticks = 12922      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 16

Ticks = 13188      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 32

Ticks = 13469      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 14

Ticks = 24484      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer wait timed out

Ticks = 24484      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 2

Ticks = 24766      <14828> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 1

Ticks = 28047      <14828> <AMEApp> <0> Time taken to load MediaCore plugins: 3004.28 milliseconds.

Ticks = 28703      <14828> <AMEApp> <1> Entering RunEventLoop

Ticks = 32438      <3036> <dvanet> <5> VulcanWatchdog: giving up

Ticks = 32984      <14828> <EACL.HostedLogin> <5> Entitlement record did not pass application entitlement policy, ccAdobeID: zeror999@gmail.com, ccPersonGUID: 952F36745AD23DBB0A495E58@AdobeID

Ticks = 32984      <14828> <EACL.HostedLogin> <4> Non-entitled response received, ccAdobeID: zeror999@gmail.com, ccPersonGUID: 952F36745AD23DBB0A495E58@AdobeID, error_code: 403010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to turn of GPU:

gpu.jpga

and update GPU drivers to newes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already set to Mercury Playback Engine Software. Cuda isn't an option (Renderer section is grayed out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need fast resolution;

- render your composition from AE without AME to intermediate codec and then that file using AME convert to mp4
If you have time I would recommend to setum AME to render to frame sequence - that way you can figure out what frame causing AME crash

Knowing that - you can try to fint what is exactly happening in tjat frame and what can be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I found out:

• It only crashes when I try to render a After Effects Composition and try to import a Premiere Pro Sequence
  • Tried rendering the comp to a frame sequence and it still crashes. It doesn't show me the frame where it crashes nor does it show a progress bar, preview window, or any other related rendering specs.
  • Regular video files such as .MOV or .MP4 by itself does not crash.

I may have to downgrade if possible as long as After Effects and Premiere Pro recognizes older versions of Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait. You tryed to render to frame sequence and it did not render even one frame and crashed? Or did it rendered some frames? And if it did - on what frame stopped?

If you don't have a time to fiddle with that issue just render your AE composition straight from AE (Composition>Add to render queue...) to intermediate codec and then reencode it in AME. If AE will crash durring render - that mean that there is probably something wrong with your composition, if it render without any issues - that mean that the issue is somewhere in Dynamic link that connects AE and AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to necro reply on something 9 months after the fact but I figure'd I'd share what I did to fix this. 

I was getting the exact same symptoms and messages in the logs as the OP. Only difference was the media/codec (I was bouncing the extracted audio from a video as a .wav file (AP)). 

For what it's worth, I was having this issue across a version update as well, so I can confirm updating AP/AME didn't do anything to fix this. 

The fix was very simple - I completely cleared the AME queue and saved a copy of the AP project file - from here I removed any project files unrelated to what I was exporting and then rebuilt the AP sequence with just the .wav I was exporting, and then did export->queue. 

I also got rid of all of my custom encoding settings (normalization, etc.) and used just the default Waveform Audio preset. I think the only adjustment I refused to budge on was bumping the bitrate from 16->24. After this it rendered without issue. 

I'm not sure how this translates into AE or even which specific thing I did that knocked it loose, but for what its worth, to anyone else that comes across this, there it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines