- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

02/04/2018 02:49:09 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Failed to create encoder.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\WolfireSounds.DESKTOP-KCIT746\Desktop\Spectrum_AME\Visualiser for WS.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:00:00

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 24

------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone lend me a hand with this? I need to render a video for my YouTube channel but there is an error. This only started happening yesterday.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

I exported in MXF and it actually rendered. I can possibly try another format

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you queuing this job from Premiere or After Effects? It looks like it's failing instantly (the timecode is all zeroes), so I would go into wherever you created the project and manually render that first frame to see if it fails there. Is it just black, or is it a cross dissolve? If so, I would try to delete it and re-apply. We need a lot more information to troubleshoot this better, so if you could write back with more info about this project and what it's composed of, that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe After Effects. It is failing instantly. Also, the first frame is completely black and it fades in. I can try to render just the second half of it. When/If I find the point where it is failing, how would I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try simply deleting the fade keyframes and reapplying them. If it's not that, what is the content you're fading in on? Is it a pre-comp? If so, check the contents of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried deleting the fade in but still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that your plug-ins are causing the issue.

Is your GPU driver up to date?

Are you running the latest version of your plug-ins? These can be updated from Red Giant Link.

You can also try to export to something other than H.264. Try an intermediate formate like DNxHD or Cineform. That will export from Ae much quicker anyway, then you would convert that to H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Cineform?

Also, all of my plug ins and such should work fine because it was fine before and now I'm still using the same things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported in MXF and it actually rendered. I can possibly try another format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try reinstalling windows...... again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cineform is a codec that's designed for export before converting to a delivery codec like H.264 or for using as a high quality intermediate while editing.

MXF is just a container, it doesn't say what codec you used. Reinstalling Windows is likely not the solution here.

What's wrong with exporting MXF (which coded is it using by the way?) then converting to H.264? That should export much faster from Ae anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines