• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder extremely slow on rendering from After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a freelance video-editor/animator that's hit a technical snag. I've been using Adobe Media Encoder to export my projects from both Premiere and After Effects every week and I usually never have a problem with it. My computer is (all the details in case it matters):

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5inch, 2017)

Processor 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 24000 MHz DDR4

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

and I just upgraded to Catalina (version 10.15.3)

Today I went to export a simple 1-minute video in After Effects through Adobe Media Encoder (H.263, YouTube 1080p Full HD setting) and have been baffled all night why it's taking so long to render. The entire video only has 6 basic comp animations, and I normally render something like this in 8 minutes, but this video is taking so far... 50 minutes?

I've stopped it a number of times because I thought it was so peculiar. I made sure Adobe Media Encoder and After Effects were updated, then I restarted my computer and tried again only to find the same problem. I was sure that updating the programs so they were up to date with Catalina would solve it. But this seems really funky. 

Has anyone else encountered this with Media Encoder? Does anyone have any hunch what might be causing it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render , Performance , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. The performance should be not be an issue with the kind of hardware specifications that your computer has. However, we'll need to dig deeper to figure out what's causing problem.

Could you share a screenshot of the AME workspace? I'd like to see which video renderer is being used.

Also, what happens when you try to render the project from After Effects?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issues.  My Macbook Pro specs are below.  For a 5 minute video in AE, it's taking over 7 hours and still not done in media encoder.  I'm on the latest mac os, and latest Adobe CC.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 4.03.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 4.01.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines