• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Fail - need help please

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a failed error when trying to use Adobe Media Encoder. 

I open up my premiere project and select the comp I want.  I switch the format to Quicktime, select h.264 from preset.  Hit the start button and I get the failed sound/icon.

2 questions:

1. My comp is 1920x1080 but when I go in it automatically has it as 720... why is it not recognizing the comp size?

2. Is there a way to fix this error?  It seems to export occassionally to my C drive (which is not raid) but it fails to my F drive (Raid 10).  But usually if I export as a wmv or something smaller it exports fine to F.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

I solved my "Encoding Failed" which stops me from compiling a 3GB clip right after I push the play button.

The error detail was

"Export Error

Error compiling movie. Import Error
Importer returned bad result. Writing with exporter: H.264"

My solution:

Turns out that Encoder's cache file pointed at my boot drive where don't have enough space.

So I went to Edit > Preference > Media and changed the two cache files to another drive which has much larger spaces.

After restarting the compile works like magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export dimensions do not default to 1920x1080 because AME CS5.5 and prior versions do not have h.264 presets for QuickTime for the program ot default to, and the individual settings for that format do not have a "Same as Source" option. If you will be using a particular set of settings regularly, I recommend saving a custom preset. To do so, click the Save Preset button to the right of the Preset pulldown in the Export Settings dialog.

As for the failure to encode, we'll need to learn more about the particulars. Does the error log [File>Show Errors] have any useful information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it took so long to get back to you I had to go out of town.  Error message doesn't say anything to me... maybe to you.  I'm not really sure what to set for "Field Type" so I just leave it at Lower.  Not sure if I should set it to higher or progressive instead.

- Source File: F:\master_project\Fetterman\Premiere\Fetterman_Actos.prproj

- Output File: F:\master_project\Fetterman\Premiere\Fetterman-Actos.mov

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: 1920x1080, 29.97 fps, Lower, Quality 100

- Audio: 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit

- Bitrate: H.264

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

03/15/2012 04:05:21 PM : Encoding Failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Not much useful information there. Our best bet is probably to try troubleshooting this over the phone. I'm sending you a private message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excuse me but im having this problem too i was just encoding my last video and it randomly stopped.. after i tried doing it again it randomly keept failing.. i dont have the file saved so i need it coded please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pleas help us all

i got the same problem with CC (newsversion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need help with this same issue... Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, I'm actually running latest CC version on windows 10. Oddly I have a laptop that doesn't fail to encode FullHD .mov h.264 files. So I always have to copy my files and encode them on my laptop. Any solutions so far?

Things I've tried but all unsuccessful:

- Reinstalled CC softwares

- Changed scratch drives to a secondary SSD drive

- Allocated more and less ram memory

- Cleaned SSD drives to have more space

Running on a Dell desktop Xeon 3ghz, 48gb ram, 2xSSD 256gb, 2gb nvidia quadro k4200

My laptop that is able to encode normally with same specs is a i7, 16gb ram, 512gb SSD, 2gb video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i, too, have been having trouble rendering a video. it is only 1 minute. (i have since the summer been unable to render longer videos--i usually don't do videos over 6 minutes. but i found that i could do very short videos.)

i've gotten the following messages many times:

- encoding failed. operation interrupted by user (this is NOT true!)

- Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

i have a LOT to do and i need to get these videos rendered. i'm not a real technical person, but i used to render videos successfully.

please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get render errors, I go in to the program folders and manually delete all media cache files and previews. It has worked every time for me. You can try going in from >edit>preferences>media>clean, But I found that a manual clean usually works best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! idk what to delete from the program folders after i tap on the media encoder one, bc idk which one are the media cache files/previews, pls pls help ive been trying to export my edits for 2 months and they keep failing  ðŸ¥ºðŸ˜­

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it work yet, i have the same problem 🥺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my "Encoding Failed" which stops me from compiling a 3GB clip right after I push the play button.

The error detail was

"Export Error

Error compiling movie. Import Error
Importer returned bad result. Writing with exporter: H.264"

My solution:

Turns out that Encoder's cache file pointed at my boot drive where don't have enough space.

So I went to Edit > Preference > Media and changed the two cache files to another drive which has much larger spaces.

After restarting the compile works like magic.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm having a similiar problem this is the error I keep receiving -

spoggel.JPG

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and changing the Cache did not Work I am trying to Encode ProRes 422 HQ 1920x10 and it keeps giving me this error

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Exporter returned bad result.

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -2147287036

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by creating a new sequence and copied the content and it seemed to encode fine.

bizarre bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you figure it out ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you forget it out? I have this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey im actually quite new to the forums. even though this thread is really old for like so many years, i actually came across this same problem today 07. 09. 2020. And after going through the forum i found a solution. I got the same issue trying to render ia media encorder 2020 gave me a failed icon and when i clicked it the log was empty. it just showed me the yellow failed icon. solution is to change the location that has more space. i was keep trying to export into my C drive it only had 90GB free, then i switched it to my D drive which had almost 200 gigs free it exported smoothly without an error. Hope this helps if anyone come across this same problem even after years.

Cheers!

Thisal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wdym , change the two files to another drive ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this response.  I was having a similar issue when attempting to encode my annual video.  And it would always fail, but at different times in the encoding process.  I found that somehow the cache got switched to my OS drive as well, and changing it back to the dedicated media cache drive resolved it.  In my case I did have enough disk space on the OS drive to handle the cache, but it was still failing anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved the problem.   For me, I got the error, failed was when I used the WMV pre-set created by Adobe. When I customized the pre-set, I changed audio and video from VRB to CRB, I was able to export without failure. 

Hope that helps, and solves a 10 year old problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find that VRB and CRB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

export settings > Video / Audio > bitrate setting > bitrate encoding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines