Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I try to lunch Media encoder either from inside an adobe product or by itself i get an error message that reads "Adobe Media encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue." What do I do to fix this situation I use this product quite often to render my projects and would really like to keep using it rather than render in after effects or premiere.

Mod: updated title of post for search purposes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

There is a new update for Media Encoder(12.1.1). The launch issue in MAC is fixed with the patch. Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Exactly which version of the program do you have that is causing problems?

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am new to the forum. I am operating on a mac os sierra i am using an admistrator account as mine is the only account on the computer since i bought it. I have the latest version of the adobe product from the creative cloud. It says cc2017 and goes through the start up procedure but before it even opens I get this message and then the program stops and closes the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tylerd,

It might be an issue with the Media Encoder corrupted installation. Please try to uninstall & reinstall Media Encoder.

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are again in 2018 and adobe CONTINUES to ship poorly made buggy updates that break the programs. Now premiere, encoder, etc all won't open after the new update and your support is closed. Adobe sucks. I can't believe I'm paying hundreds and hundreds of $ every year for this. It's a monopoly so we have no one else to go to to avoid this crap that makes everyone's work delayed. STOP SHIPPING UNFINISHED WORK. Someone at the top of the company must have left in the last few years because there was a dramatic drop in quality at adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started getting the same launch failure message the other day. I'm using the latest AME 12.1.171 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I've reinstalled it and deleted all preferences, no help. The file /var/log/system.log gets the following entry upon each launch attempt:

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018[67268]: objc[67268]: Class NSSoundDeleter is implemented in both /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018.app/Contents/Frameworks/dvaaudiodevice.framework/Versions/A/dvaaudiodevice (0x116fe6148) and /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018.app/Contents/Frameworks/AMEFrontend.framework/Versions/A/AMEFrontend (0x10b1346c8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

So the latest version of the app seems to contain two incompatible frameworks, implementing the same Class NSSoundDeleter. When will this oversight be corrected??? How do we transmit it to the appropriate staff rather than complaining amongst ourselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

There is a new update for Media Encoder(12.1.1). The launch issue in MAC is fixed with the patch. Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE????? WHERE ARE YOU?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i cant open Adobe Media Encoder ? its shows there is error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines