Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder not working with Animate 2021

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was working with Adobe Animate CC 2020 and tried to export an mp4 through media encoder (the only way I can export an mp4 from the app) and it opened AME, but the file never showed up in the queue window as if I'd normally opened AME without exporting anything. This had never happened before, and I didn't install any updates for my computer or the apps themselves since I had last successfully exported an mp4 through AME. I've spent the last couple hours doing everything from updating my computer (a Macbook Pro 2017, currently running on macOS Catalina but as I'm writing this I'm downloading macOS Big Sur to see if it fixes it somehow) to updating AME and Animate to their most recent 2021 versions, messing with and eventually resetting the settings in both (and testing it all throughout to reach the same result, a blank queue), uninstalling and reinstalling both apps, killing dynamiclinkmanager activity (recommended in a seperate article) and everything in between to try and fix it. I've sifted through 20 or so articles on both this site and others on the same issue but all of them with different apps than Animare (Premiere and After Effects were all I found) and the main solution for those were using the "Add After Effects Composition"/"Add Premiere Pro Sequence" options in AME so they could upload editing files directly into AME. However, there is no option like that for Animate, and FLA files aren't compatible with AME unless they are exported through Animate (trust me, I tried). I would try SWF files (they are compatible with AME to my knowledge), but those include hidden layers in the export, and I need to keep some layers hidden but don't want to delete them (which is why mp4 exports had been so convenient, as you can export an mp4 that excludes hidden layers). I'm at a complete loss at this point and it seems to be an issue only with Macbook Pros from what I've seen. What can I do to be able to export mp4s like normal again and have them pop up in AME? I could really use some help- I can't export anything out of Animate as of now and it's backing up some work. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. We have been using mp4s as a convenient proof format for some GDN banners created in Animate. Yesterday I ended up using 3gpp codec and tho it was a bit ropey thought it would be ok. Then this morning I happened to try H.264 again and saved out two sets of ads (10 videos) no problem at all. I carried on amending and creating until mid afternoon - and when I went to try and export them again - they export but appear as black screens - no visible content - weird. And worse no obvious rhyme or reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a quick update - just tried saving direct to desktop rather than across our network and all is good... Still odd that this worked yesterday and not today. Word to the wise - I have numerous colleagues you will not use Media Encoder because it is perceived as 'flaky' and would jump at the chance to use an alternative...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is embarassing to admit, but I have been scouring the forums for hours about this issue on my Mac. In the past, when I'd export to Media Encoder, ME would open up and just automatically start converting. I never really looked all that closely at the dialog boxes because of that. After trying everything I could, I suddenly remembered that Adobe Animate says "Press Return in Adobe Media Encoder to start the queue." I have no idea why I've never needed to do this before, but this time, as soon as ME opened up and was just sitting there empty, I simply clicked "Return" on my keyboard. And the last 12 attempts I made started encoding suddenly. My face is red, but at least I figured out what I was doing wrong! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines