• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Output not matching source

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue with AdobeME. Recently it has started displaying my output video as 1080x602 instead of 1080x603. This video size is primarily for posting video on Twitter and Facebook. No matter what I do inside ME I can't seem to get the output to match this source. This is a issue that has just started happening to me in the last week. Everything is up to date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere/After Effects & Media Encoder still nothing has fixed the issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Codecs will often have mathematical limitations that requires their frame dimensions to be powers of 2, or at least even numbers. Is there a reason you need 603 pixels wide? What if you change your After Effects or Premiere composition to be 602 to actually crop that pixel?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Codecs will often have mathematical limitations that requires their frame dimensions to be powers of 2, or at least even numbers. Is there a reason you need 603 pixels wide? What if you change your After Effects or Premiere composition to be 602 to actually crop that pixel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. The only reason I was making videos to 1080x603 was to fit twitters image dimensions that we go by for social media posts in work. We just had an issue recently uploading a video but it seems like ALL our previous videos were 1080x602 and I just failed to notice. Again, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Social sizes are weird and I usually opt for the more standard 1920x1080 for all social video posts, and I just make sure the important content stays in each platforms visible area. This allows me to cut down on the versions I need to make and allows me to post to YouTube for internal reviews without losing quality. A 1080x602 video on YouTube would only ever generate a 480p version since both dimensions are lower than HD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines