• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder stops while encoding - help!

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a dozen different ideas from the forums and can't find a solution.

Windows 10, i7-7600 cpu @ 2.80GHz

8gb ram

AME CC 2017 (version 11.1.2.35 of AME)

Created a video in Premiere and AME just stops and hangs when it reaches a certain part of the video. Premiere won't export it either. I have created dozens of videos so I have no idea what's different this time. The video is about 10 minutes of 4k drone footage with a music back - super simple.

I have reset Premiere (shift-alt on startup) and deleted all the cache files. I rendered the clip where encoder hangs and then added it back, then I deleted the clip entirely, then I deleted the clip and the music track and no matter - it stops in the same place every time (about 14% done with Premiere, and about 14 minutes in on what AME estimates is a 2 hour job).

I read a few places that people had a "bad clip" in their video, and once they removed it it worked - how on earth am I supposed to find the one "bad" clip if premiere previews fine and the clip in question isn't the one AME stops on?

One more thing - when AME stops the last frames it was working on has a weird distorted color look on the output preview window.

ame color.jpg

Any other thoughts or help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

This is what I was able to get to work for me. Your mileage may vary. When my Media Encoder would stop rendering I would click the "pause" button to pause the rendering operation that had stopped anyway. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager. Under "Background Processes" you'll see Adobe After Effects. Click on it and then click "End task". AE will come right back up but it will be at much lower memory use. Un-pause your render job in ME and after a few seconds it should start going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this worked for me. I just have to keep an eye on it, which sucks. I've been exporting for 6hrs already x_x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG You are amazinggg !!! 

Thank you so much 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as a Mac guy, things are different. However I faced this issue too but quitting out of After Effects while leaving media encoder up worked for me! I even forgot to hit pause on the render but when After Effects came back up, the render continued. Not sure what caused the freeze but I did open photoshop during the render around the time it froze so that could have been it.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac with the first gen M1 chip. Media encoder would randomly stop rendering. I was able to fix this by using the Intel version of Media Encoder and NOT the Apple Silicon version. This after contacting Adobe Support and following the instructions of the support rep. I haven't had a problem since. Open Adobe Creative cloud and click the options for openning Media Encoder then select "Open (Intel)". Render your sequences and comps using that. Hope that helps someone out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help

It helps me ✌🏻🥺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happens to me as well, newest version AE / Media Encoder.

RTX 3090Ti / 64GB RAM / 5950X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines