• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME CC 2014: "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue."

Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 on MacPro "mid-2012" (MacPro5,1) running OSX 10.9.3 and getting this error when trying to launch Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014:

Adobe Media Encoder Error

Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.

Have uninstalled, reinstalled.  Checked and fixed permissions numerous times.  Tried removing all plugins and that didn't fix.  Also tried editing the text listings within the .app for OpenGL and CUDA to remove all cards listed - that didn't fix anything either.

At this point it's uninstalled and "hopefully" everything will point to CC (non-2014 version).  Adobe Media Encoder CC works fine.  Adobe Media Encoder CS6 works fine.

Cannot find any other reports of this issue.

amerror.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

removing my AME folder in ~/Documents/Adobe/ resolved this issue, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly tried installing this again, and it worked.  Changed permissions EVERYWHERE before opening.  Now "just" having issues with installing pre-sets... this buggy saga isn't ending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on a 2014 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz-6 Core running 10.9.4. Completed all the typical fixes as bsbeamer. Can't fine a solution online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is on a 3.33 6-Core "Mid-2012" running OSX 10.9.4 with GTX 680 (official version) and 32GB RAM.

Media Encoder "works" as in it will output a compression, but that's about it unless you're perfectly fine with just the built-in presets.  I cannot really batch anything since I have to manually set the compression settings EACH AND EVERY TIME I want to output from Premiere, or from AME.  Extremely annoying and a total waste of time to say the least.

Been using AME CS6 to batch when I can - at least that seems to be working right now.

Also see this discussion:

Cannot Save Export Presets PPro CC2014 (also in AME CC2014)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progress in trying to fix.  This workaround was NOT successful on previous attempts, but now appears to be working.  Seems like the trick was to have AME CC 2014 started and open BEFORE doing any of this?  As always, make sure all of your permissions are set properly - had done that numerous times previously.  My issue was NOT directly permission related.

Navigate to the following folder:

1.jpg

You may see a file SHORTCUT that is invalid called "Presets":

2.jpg

Remove/delete this file.  It's a broken shortcut.

Move a folder of .EPR files into the "8.0" folder.  Call it anything except "Presets".  Go to AME CC 2014 and quit.  (I was greeted with another crash message.)

Open AME CC 2014 again.  Your presets will not be loaded yet, but you should see an XML file that was created in your new folder like this:

3.jpg

Delete this file.

You should see a new folder also created by AME called "Presets".  Move your .EPR files into this folder and delete the original folder.  Quit AME CC 2014.  (I was greeted with ANOTHER crash message.)

Open AME CC 2014.  Your preset files should be there at the top under the preset browser:

4.png

Probably a good idea to keep a copy of those .EPR files elsewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illuminoscopist wrote:

CC2014 or CC2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

AME CC2015 is now working after I removed "9.0" folder in "documents".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I delete the whole thing in Documents/Adobe Media Encoder and restart AME.

Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the trick for me! I was able to just move the folder to another location then import all of my presets back in once it finally launched. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked for me too, I simply dragged the entire AME folder onto my desktop.  When Media Encoder launched, it automatically recreated the folder in ~Documents/Adobe and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful..worked in a go...

but i forgot its the 'documents folder'and mistakenly i went on with program files once and its uninstalled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me...after following many other file deletion and alteration "dead ends." THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines