Exit

AME Web Service Setup

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Users/Support staff,

​

​This is regarding the Adobe Media Encoder (AME) web service setup.

​I have followed the AME web service setup/installation steps and my service is up and running on a windows VM with latest Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder installed on it.

The command I have used for installation is "AMEWinService -install" and "AMEWebService -install", both of which were successful.

I have referred the following discussion while setting up the service:

AMEWebService - Any Documentation available?

When I hit "localhost:8080/server", I can see the ServerStatus is Online. However, when I try to submit a job xml via POST call to "localhost:8080/job", nothing happens. I can observe CPU utilization increases after I make the POST call which means something is definitely happening in the background however I do not get any response back nor do I know where I can find the logs (I have searched the Media encoder folder to see if any log file is generated, also checked service logs which shows no useful info/error). The job xml I am using to make the post call is as follows:

<manifest version="1.0">

<SourceFilePath>C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AETest_new.avi</SourceFilePath>

<DestinationPath>C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\out.mp4</DestinationPath>

<SourcePresetPath>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018\MediaIO\systempresets\4E49434B_48323634\01 - Match Source - High bitrate.epr</SourcePresetPath>

</manifest>

I am trying to convert the .avi file (which I generate from After Effects) into a .mp4 file of reduced size. Is there anything I am missing out on?

Since I do not want AME GUI into picture, I need to get this task done in the background.

I would highly appreciate your help or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

AME Web Services are officially unsupported, have not been updated since their initial release; we have no future plans for AME Web Services.

However, Adobe does offer APIs that support network rendering, for our Enterprise customers.

Please write me directly [b b b at adobe dot com], describing the specific workflow(s) you'd like to support, and I can provide guidance to available APIs and resources. Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found that you have installed both services. One is windows service and another one is web service. It looks like you have installed web service properly and you got the response. Secondly please make sure that avi file is valid, try to do the process manually to ensure the file is not corrupted.

You can check the AME logs in C:\Users\"UserName"j\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\12.0\AMEEncodingLog.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME Web Services are officially unsupported, have not been updated since their initial release; we have no future plans for AME Web Services.

However, Adobe does offer APIs that support network rendering, for our Enterprise customers.

Please write me directly [b b b at adobe dot com], describing the specific workflow(s) you'd like to support, and I can provide guidance to available APIs and resources. Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, How can I submit a job with ame web service.

Is there a tutorial or documentation to do that?

Where can i find the APIs?

I would like to create a system like aerender command line for AME.

hoping for your help.

Thanks

Greta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce, we are Enterprise customer, there is an option to see the jobs running on the remote Media Encoder from the editors? We have 10-20 editors sending their jobs to the media encoder and we want to see if the jobs are running or finished.

There is a webinterface or easy call from REST API to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so unsported that it's still included with version 2022.  What's the real answer Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It remains existent, yet unsupported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines