• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error was encountered while writing the output file. The output destination could not be found.

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to export my project from prem pro, so it went into media encoder and while i was trying to render it:

An error was encountered while writing the output file. The output destination could not be found. Check that the output directory still exists. If the output directory is on a network or external device, check that the connection is active.

popped up. How do I fix it? 😕 I used an adobe after effects project file and its called Untitled.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which location have you chosen?

Have you tried another locaiton like the Desktop or the Documents folder?  Or a high-capacity external hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location on the file was an adobe after effects project, I tried changing it to an AVI but the same problem occurs :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Media Encoder needs to know where you want the file to be stored, not which application in which you plan to use it.

For example, you might set the C drive or D drive if using Windows or the Macintosh HD if using macOS.

The storage location chosen must have enough free space for the file being exported/rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines