Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export lower than 1 Mbps

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using AME CC 2018 version 12.12.

Every time I export a H.264 video with bitrate setting below 1 Mbps, the output's total bitrate is always around 3 Mbps. I tried with 0.9 Mbps, 0.6, 0.4.. it's still the same

When I set it to 1 Mbps and 1.1 Mbps, it exported correctly. I never get this problem in the previous version of AME.

Why does it happen and is there a way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Hi nadyam98391617,

Sorry for the trouble. Is this happening with all projects? Please test with a different project.

If its only one project, install a previous version & check the issue. Steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Also, share a screenshot of the export settings window.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nadyam98391617,

Sorry for the trouble. Is this happening with all projects? Please test with a different project.

If its only one project, install a previous version & check the issue. Steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Also, share a screenshot of the export settings window.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a few websinars that range from 40 minutes to 80 minutes in length. As you can imagine, the difference between 0,5mbps and 3mbps second is 500MB vs 3GB.

I have tried editing and exporting at different resolutions incase there is a standard I'm not conforming to, but it's made difference at all.

Just this morning, I upgraded to the latest version of Media encder (v14.3 Build 39) and it has made no difference at all. I've just run a test by encoding a 6min test file as H.264. These are my results:

Target bitrate: 0,3mbps resulted in a 95MB file. (Clearly this is an error)

Target bitrate: 1,2mbps resulted in a 55MB file.

Target bitrate: 3mbps resulted in a 137MB file.

It also makes no difference if I export from Media Encoder or from Premier Pro.

I'm dying here Adobe. My client supplies me with a 400MB file and I send them back a shorter version thats 2GB. This makes me look very unprofessional. Help!!!

(BTW, I'm on an Acer Swift laptop running Windows 10, 16GB RAM, i7, Iris Pro graphics)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found 2 solutions... Handbrake and Prism File Converter. (Not my first choice and I'm sure it's not what Adobe will want to see listed in their community forum, but it is proof that it's a problem in the Adobe software, and not in Windows, graphics drivers, codecs, GPU, Cuda, etc...)

Come now Adobe, please fix this bug rather than drive us towards other solutions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this issue is not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Stephen, this is not solved. Stephen, thanks for suggesting some alternative compression tools in the meantime!

Adobe, I want to add my experience in case it helps shed light on this issue:

I am unable to achive desired or consistent outcomes exporting below 1mbps.

I have attempted to export multiple files at incrementally lower bitrates (e.g. 0.5mbps, 0.4, 0.3, ... ). Each time, this consistently produces files with a roughly 3.5mbps bitrate.

Adobe, here is a screenshot of export settings for a short video at 0.3mbps. The display estimates a 9MB file, but the resulting file is 59MB.

exportsettings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines