• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find Photo JPEG codec for Quicktime

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to install Quicktime to use the Photo JPEG codec?  It is missing from my list of options when I try to export to Quicktime format.

I am on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance,

rgames

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

You're looking at the Video Codec pop-up menu under the Video tab in the Export Settings window and not for a Preset, right?

If so, are the QuickTime Components installed?

With QuickTime being discontinued, I don't think Photo-JPEG made the list of CODECs that are now natively supported in Adobe video applications.

You can still install QuickTime, you just want to avoid the player and the browser as it's no longer receiving updates (i.e. security patches):

Codec Guide: QuickTime Installation Guide

A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at the Video Codec pop-up menu under the Video tab in the Export Settings window and not for a Preset, right?

If so, are the QuickTime Components installed?

With QuickTime being discontinued, I don't think Photo-JPEG made the list of CODECs that are now natively supported in Adobe video applications.

You can still install QuickTime, you just want to avoid the player and the browser as it's no longer receiving updates (i.e. security patches):

Codec Guide: QuickTime Installation Guide

After that, it should show up in the Video Codec pop-up menu.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work on my PC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is still looking for a workaround.  You can use Blackmagic's Davinci Resolve. The basic version is free. They support exporting to (.mov) QuickTime files with PhotoJPEG I have tried version 16 and 17 and they worked for me.  I needed to export a video as PhotoJPEG with a .mov format. Thanks to David form TechnoFrolics who has made a good quick guide on how to do that. Check it out here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines