Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crazy AME missing media issue

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have been a PP editior for a long time and have seen a lot of crazy bugs etc. this one has me STUMPED.

So I Have a project, 2 camera interviews of 5 or 6 people cut together on 1 timeline, straight forward. When I go to export the sequence out in AME It exports out the red "media missing"  frame for the entire video every clip.

All the media is showing on the Timeline and I checked that every piece of media in the project is linked to the correct location. I do not get the warnig that media is missing and there is no yellow triangle in AME suggesting anything is wrong until it starts to export and I see its the red card. If I export directly from PP all works as it should.

to troubleshoot I have:

1. cleared cache both through PP & AME and by hand in the assigned media cache folder and the default location PP & AME would put the media cache.

2. I have un-linked and re-linked all the media for the project.

3. Manually deleted all Temp files

4. Moved media to a different drive and relinked all media.

5. Started a new project and imported the sequence into the new project.

Oddly eneough in the new project if I import the same media put it on a timeline I have no problems. If I use the media that was brought in from the import sequence in other sequences no problem. BUT if I copy and paste my entire edited timeline to a new timeline in the new project I get the red screen on export ( same media) I am at a loss.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Darrell

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try checking or unchecking this option in AME

MyerPj_0-1721168972404.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
23 hours ago 23 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, where is your media stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
17 hours ago 17 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I store my media in a few places, always in their own drive. The project that is active the media is on an NVME solid state drive. I also have external spinning drives where I keep backup copies and such. I have a seperate SSD drive for Cache files and previews and I have another SSD drive where ai keep only project files.

In PP if you right click a clip and select revealin exploroer it takes you to the right place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
10 hours ago 10 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested to know the connection to the SSD for the media cache. Is it through USB, Thunderbolt, or another interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
8 hours ago 8 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ssd I use for media cache is  wired to the motherboard through SATA.

Darrell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
17 hours ago 17 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Myer, but this did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking, do you have drive letters assigned to those various drives, so they are always the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes sir. Same drive letters all the time. The media is where it started (except when I moved it to test)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines