• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App Automatically Deleted my Media Encoder Version 13

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other day, I opened my Creative Cloud app for the first time in a while. I wanted to try out Character Animator, so I opened the app to install it. Upon opening the app, it decided to start updating some of my programs completely unprompted. In doing so, it updated my Media Encoder from version 13 to version 15. And without asking my permission, it completely deleted version 13 from my system. Which also deleted all of my presets. And checking the app, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to redownload version 13. 

This is an issue because I'm currently running the 2019 versions of Premiere and After Effects, and they are no longer compatible with my Media Encoder since it's on a later version. Why would they force an update on my system that removes software that I can no longer download, without asking my permission? That is extremely overreaching.

Is there any way I can get access to Media Encoder 13 again? Or point my 2019 versions of Premiere/After Effects to the new Media Encoder?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We appreciate yo writing in. We understand your query, however, we'd like to metion that Auto update is never enabled on its own in Creative Cloud desktop application. You may refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/auto-update-disabled-not-available.html

Also, Creative Cloud offers installing only the latest version and one before that. Hence, there is not way to download AME 2019.

I wish I could help! 😞 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines