• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA option missing on macOS Media Encoder 2020 and related apps

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Media Encoder 2020 on macOS High Sierra on a machine with an NVIDIA 1080Ti card.

I'm using CUDA Driver Version: 418.163

with GPU Driver Version: 387.10.10.10.40.113

CUDA works fine in Media Encoder 2019 but it's not an option in Media Encoder 2020.

Has CUDA support been removed in CC 2020?

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 4.51.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. This is something new to me. I've not seen this happening till now with the AME 2020 release.

I'll test it at my end and let you know what could be causing this.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend to check the issue with a previous version of CUDA drivers. I assume it could be some compatibility issue.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

I'll try to regress (if possible) to an earlier version of CUDA and see if that helps. Please keep me posted on what you find in your tests. Many thanks!

UPDATE -

I rolled back to the previous CUDA version but it made no difference in the 2020 apps. CUDA is still not recognized. If CUDA is still supported, then this seems like a bug that can hopefully be fixed in the next point release.

best,

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I checked my resources. Lately, there have been few changes in the GPU support in macOS. Check out this link to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/upcoming-changes-GPU-DV-HDV-support.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

Thanks for the information in the link. I have to say this is bad news for users like myself who are still using NVIDIA GPU hardware on macOS High Sierra. I don't understand why Adobe doesn't simply make the option of CUDA available for those of us who still run it and mark it as deprecated as they do with OpenCL. Please consider that as a feature request.

I guess for now that leaves me with no option except to roll back to 2019 versions that suport CUDA. Thanks for your help.

best,

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your point, David!

From a user's perspective, I'd recommend you to take a look at this link as well: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/video-applications-macos-catalina-compatibility.html

It shows the compatibility changes observed between Adobe application and macOS Catalina.

For sharing your ideas and suggesting for features to our engineering team, please add your voice here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

This page is directly monitored by the engineering team to keep an eye on the bugs reported and the features requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I consider that the move Adobe did to not include support for CUDA in the 2020 versions of the Creative Cloude a disgrace for the whole content creator world since we all don't have the money to buy the lastest and greatest hardware from Apple that comes with AMD GPUs and is like Adobe is playing the same game against Nvidia to please Apple or Apple thereated Adobe not to support Nvidia anymore which is all a shame and that;s why we all are looking to work with other software applications that does support CUDA.

When Apple stop selling hardware with AMD GPUs and start to roll out devices with their own chipsets, the Adobe will discontinue support for Radeon GPUs... is that the plan of Adobe?????? Shame on you Adobe shame on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines