• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Media Encoder Presets?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried to be sneaky and install the ProRes Media Encoder presets on my Windows 10 machine. Obviously they don't work. So now I've been trying to delete them from Media Encoder and.... I can't! It won't let me!

So basically, I have a giant list of presets that aren't even usable, and I can't figure out a way to delete them.

prores problem.PNG

When I right-click on them, the "Delete" and "Reveal Preset File" buttons are both grayed out.

delete.PNG

I've searched the forums, and I found that someone else had a similar issue and was able to find their presets at: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME\6.0\Presets  and then delete them manually. However, for me, I'm not finding any of my presets there. (And I'm on CC 2017, which means it'd be version 11.0, right? I'm not even seeing an 11.0 folder at all. Just the 6.0 folder because I have CS6 installed as well).

Any ideas for how I can remove these presets? I realize I was dumb to even try the presets in the first place, haha. But a man can dream about encoding ProRes on Windows through Media Encoder, right?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

To delete system presets:

On Win:

1. Go to c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 20xx\MediaIO\systempresets
  2. Find the presets you want to remove and place them on your desktop (I recommend moving and not deleting in the event you want them back without having to reinstall)
  • Find the presets you want to remove and place them on your desktop (I recommend moving and not deleting in the event you want them back without having to reinstall)

I should point out that we don't generally recommend users

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, nobody has a solution for this? Any Adobe employees know how I can get these removed from Media Encoder? Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete

C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\11.0\Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same situation. I've tried to edit the XML to remove them. I've even deleted the only file in that folder and when I launch AME it rebuilds them ALL.

There are presets in there that I will NEVER use like a render for a SD to Tivo Series 2 DVR, or a Kindle, or a Nook. How to I remove these devices?

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To delete system presets:

On Win:

1. Go to c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 20xx\MediaIO\systempresets
  2. Find the presets you want to remove and place them on your desktop (I recommend moving and not deleting in the event you want them back without having to reinstall)
  • Find the presets you want to remove and place them on your desktop (I recommend moving and not deleting in the event you want them back without having to reinstall)

I should point out that we don't generally recommend users modify contents of the application directory so do this at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines