Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delivering audio with certain specs

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can answer these questions for me? I'm using Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder and have to deliver to a client files with the following specs:-

Wrapper:MXF op-1a

Codec: XDCAM 50 mbps (Mpeg-2) 4:2:2

1920x1080 interlaced

Framerate: 50 fps

Audio: 16-20-24 bit 48 Khz -6dBFS

Additional Requirements:1 minute of bars and tone 1KHz @ -6dBFS

When I send the files to Media Encoder I can set a preset for the pictures (MXF op-1a XDCAM 50 mbps 4:2:2) without a problem however the test file I sent had audio levels all over the place.

The timeline I exported my final edit from on Premiere had bars and tone set to 24 bit / 48 Khz -6dBFS... but the audio on the edit was all over the place when delivered from Media Encoder.

My questions are...

1] When I create the my sequence in Premiere should I set the audio levels at 0 / zero and then adjust the final levels in Media Encoder?

2] If so ...where do I adjust my audio levels in Media Encoder...I don't seem to be able to see them.

Or alternatively...

1] Should I create my sequence in Premiere Pro with the clients audio specs? 24 bit / 48 Khz -6dBFS. ?

2] And then export the final file from Premiere with matching the sequence settings?

Thanks

m

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

m,

The latter. Use the Loudness Radar effect to achieve this export. Conform to broadcast standards of volume limits |

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

m,

The latter. Use the Loudness Radar effect to achieve this export. Conform to broadcast standards of volume limits |

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines