• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doesn't recognize HEVC/H.265 video layers exported from After Effects

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the CC2019 update, Media Encoder doesn't seem to recognize any HEVC/H.265 video layers exported from After Effects. It just shows up as a color test chart placeholder (see image below). If the video is H.264 then media encoder has no problems.

However, if I dynamically link that after effects composition to Premiere first... and then export from Premiere to Media Encoder, it recognizes HEVC video layers. Weird.

Capture2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter J Kovacs,

Sorry for the trouble. I am able to recreate the issue. Please allow me some time to check with the team.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will it be fixed soon ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get same problem...

I filmed with gopro7 4k 60fps video.

On AE 19 licenced version, the video plays with no problem.

However on AME 19 licenced version I get layered just like you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just released AE 16.0.1 and AME 13.0.2.  These latest versions should fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having trouble importing and playing HEVC files in Premiere Pro 2019, which is very odd since they worked fine (and still do) in 2018. Is this a known bug??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any news on that? I´m randomly getting this problem.
All videos are the same, yet somehow when rendering sometimes some appear as color bars. Sometimes replacing the video with another one and back to the same fixes the problem, also changing their name. But then, sometimes, another video that work before stop working.
Quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines